"Mayday, Mayday" 5/1 Gamethread

clyons

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 1, 2011 -> 08:47 PM)
How does Walker keep his job?

It sucks...it's a hopeless feeling. I had that with GT and Hewitt's contract, but thankfully, someone finally said enough was enough. I can't wait for that to happen with the Sox.

Ummm... First, no. Second, I didn't say Ozzie was the reason for 2005. Just saying players are at fault & deserve credit, whichever. As far as the manager, with a team playing this poorly in every facet of the game, every decision will be bad. When players hit, caught, & pitched in 2005, Ozzie could do "no wrong."

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2011 -> 03:48 PM)
22k today???? MERCY

Disaster is upon us. I wonder last time they had that low of attendance on a weekend day with nice weather.

21K too many. :lolhitting

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 1, 2011 -> 08:50 PM)
Just wait until the sell off...

This "sell off" is greatly exaggerated. It's going to be a lot harder to dump contracts than people think. What contracts can we really unload? Buehrle and Jackson are definitely the first two to go, IMO.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2011 -> 03:48 PM)
22k today???? MERCY

Disaster is upon us. I wonder last time they had that low of attendance on a weekend day with nice weather.

I'd imagine they lost any chance of getting respectable walk up numbers for the next few weeks, regardless of weather.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2011 -> 03:51 PM)
This "sell off" is greatly exaggerated. It's going to be a lot harder to dump contracts than people think. What contracts can be really unload? Buehrle and Jackson are definitely the first two to go, IMO.

It won't be as hard as you think. The only tough ones to get rid of would be Rios and Peavy. I don't think there will be too much trouble with anyone else.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2011 -> 04:51 PM)
This "sell off" is greatly exaggerated. It's going to be a lot harder to dump contracts than people think. What contracts can be really unload? Buehrle and Jackson are definitely the first two to go, IMO.

Pierzynski, Dunn, maybe Konerko, some of the bullpen guys.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2011 -> 03:51 PM)

Buehrle? Really? Research that option he has if we trade him, then reassess your opinion about Buehrle being traded.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 1, 2011 -> 03:52 PM)
Pierzynski, Dunn, maybe Konerko, some of the bullpen guys.

Danks will go for sure. He is their most valuable piece. We won't be looking at before 2012, so there is no reason to keep him around.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 1, 2011 -> 04:52 PM)
It won't be as hard as you think. The only tough ones to get rid of would be Rios and Peavy. I don't think there will be too much trouble with anyone else.

What's going to be hard is getting back legit pieces for the guys. If we're giving people away the contracts will be moveable. If we're insisting on MLB-ready talent in return for anyone other than Danks, we're not getting it.