"Mayday, Mayday" 5/1 Gamethread

clyons

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 1, 2011 -> 08:52 PM)
Pierzynski, Dunn, maybe Konerko, some of the bullpen guys.

Why would anyone take AJP and his 6 mil contract next year? I also don't think teams would take the Dunn/Konerko contracts off our hands that easily.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)
Why would anyone take AJP and his 6 mil contract next year? I also don't think teams would take the Dunn/Konerko contracts off our hands that easily.

In the most simple terms, who better is going to be available at the stretch run to put teams over the top? Jesus, Jorge Posada is DHing for the Yankees right now.

QUOTE (Real @ May 1, 2011 -> 03:53 PM)
Buehrle? Really? Research that option he has if we trade him, then reassess your opinion about Buehrle being traded.

Nobody will pay MB that money and he has 10-5 no trade clause.

QUOTE (Real @ May 1, 2011 -> 08:53 PM)
Buehrle? Really? Research that option he has if we trade him, then reassess your opinion about Buehrle being traded.

I could see him reworking his contract to go to the Cards with the Sox making it easy for deal to take place.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 1, 2011 -> 08:54 PM)
In the most simple terms, who better is going to be available at the stretch run to put teams over the top? Jesus, Jorge Posada is DHing for the Yankees right now.

So teams are going to be on the hook for 3 years and 42 million (or whatever it is) for Dunn? If they really wanted him, the Yanks would have pursued him instead of Posada.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2011 -> 03:55 PM)
I could see him reworking his contract to go to the Cards with the Sox making it easy for deal to take place.

lol, money is overrated right!?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2011 -> 04:53 PM)

AJ isn't hitting all that bad. He hasn't been slugging yet, but that's likely a sample size issue.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ May 1, 2011 -> 03:54 PM)
really? because he homered here,that means he WOULD have homered last inning? , lol

Stop it, you make too much sense, this is SoxTalk :unsure:

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2011 -> 03:56 PM)
So teams are going to be on the hook for 3 years and 42 million (or whatever it is) for Dunn? If they really wanted him, the Yanks would have pursued him instead of Posada.

I've made this argument before, but yes.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2011 -> 03:55 PM)

The players association would have something to say about it.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2011 -> 03:58 PM)
And I disagreed with it before. Yankees showed no interest in Dunn during offseason, IIRC.

That was before Posada started hitting like a 40 year old catcher too. That also leaves out Konerko being a good fit too.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2011 -> 04:56 PM)

Yeah. The Yankees made a mistake last offseason when they signed Posada to a 4 year deal in 2007 rather than Dunn after 2010. They should have predicted that in 3 years they'd want to move Posada to DH and only signed him for 3 years and then not had him walk away.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ May 1, 2011 -> 08:54 PM)
really? because he homered here,that means he WOULD have homered last inning? , lol

It's called strategy. Johnson is absolutely the perfect pitcher for Dunn to hit.

Too bad we have a good starting pitcher putting us in the hole by giving up 6 runs. Kind of ruins the ole Harkeroo saying how we have great starting pitching. We scored 4 runs today, which really seems like we are living high on the hog, but there is always some part of the game that doesn't work for us. Maybe seeing Beckham get a couple hits and Dunn with a homer might mean something good is going to happen for us