We need to pack the The Cell Tuesday & Wednesday

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 1, 2011 -> 11:03 PM)
This team is winning at a 35% clip. Only one team in baseball is doing worse and they are coming to Chicago on Tuesday. Considering where this roster ranks payoll wise in the league, I think that is reason to not show up. Call it a protest in a way.

And only one team in baseball history has ever won at a 75% clip for a full season anyway, that was 105 years ago. (and they lost the WS to the White Sox)

its hard to believe, that the Sox have the 2nd worst record in all of baseball. sad.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 1, 2011 -> 04:25 PM)
I know some people have already written off this season....but for the sane ones who realize there's still a lot of season left, get out to the Cell if you can this week on Tuesday and Wednesday for the games against the Twins.

Let's kick them while they are down and pick up two big games that could be the difference come September.

Also, it'd be a great way to jump start the good guys in black as we prepare for a big west coast trip.

If you can make it, please get out to these games....we need some good crowds and 2 W's.

Thanks for the pep rally. I say let's go all out and have Brooks issue a black out for the games. That will show the team, the fans, the city, the country, and the planet how hard core we are. You say only the 87 tigers have come back from something like this, I bring one number 2005. Here is my plan for success. Trade for rowand, sign crede, print playoff tickets.

Whoop

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 1, 2011 -> 05:04 PM)
I wasn't because I live almost 2000 miles away. However, I will be in Seattle Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for all 3 games and proudly supporting my team despite their struggles thus far.

You only go to games when they're in Seattle and it's convenient for you. That's not good enough.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 1, 2011 -> 06:12 PM)
Or the fact that we have played less than 20% of the season and some people are already writing it off?

That's not hard at all to believe. Frankly, we're right back in the spot we were last year, where it will take a major, major run to get out of this hole.

Memorial day is always the evaluation point, and we're getting closer.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 1, 2011 -> 11:12 PM)
Or the fact that we have played less than 20% of the season and some people are already writing it off?

In baseball, you can easily make the last 30% of games irrelevant if you fall behind too much and go into sell mode.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 1, 2011 -> 05:11 PM)
You only go to games when they're in Seattle and it's convenient for you. That's not good enough.

Seattle's not convenient for me....its still 250 miles away and I'm making the effort to be there. If I lived that close to Chicago, you bet I'd be at the Cell for this key series on Tuesday and Wednesday.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2011 -> 06:14 PM)
In baseball, you can easily make the last 30% of games irrelevant if you fall behind too much and go into sell mode.

Which means that we're less than 20% in and we're more than 1/2 the season away from those irrelevant games.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 1, 2011 -> 05:02 PM)
These two teams will still be the ones battling for the division title come September and the games played at this point could make the difference. I realize that not everyone can afford to go to every game....but based upon the crowds thus far, there's a lot of people who haven't gone to any games (or just a few this year). If the fanbase is not going to support this team, why should the players give a damn? Anybody who wants this team to give a 110% effort every nite should also be willing to give that effort as a fan.

Why should players give a damn? Because they're getting paid...millions. We are getting CHARGED to watch them play horribly. I'm sorry man...I know the crowds aren't as big as they should be even when the team is winning, and there have been teams that have deserved better, but this team doesn't look like it's one of those teams that deserve anything.

Edited by jeffro2525

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 1, 2011 -> 06:14 PM)
Seattle's not convenient for me....its still 250 miles away and I'm making the effort to be there. If I lived that close to Chicago, you bet I'd be at the Cell for this key series on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Lmao key series.. key series to keep us out of last place!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 1, 2011 -> 10:16 PM)
Which means that we're less than 20% in and we're more than 1/2 the season away from those irrelevant games.

You keep mentioning Memorial Day at the "get real" date, and it's interesting how poorly our schedule plays out for the next few weeks. Even with the team playing good, a .500 record over the next few weeks would have been decent.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 1, 2011 -> 05:14 PM)
That's not hard at all to believe. Frankly, we're right back in the spot we were last year, where it will take a major, major run to get out of this hole.

Memorial day is always the evaluation point, and we're getting closer.

We are far from last year's status. Cleveland and Kansas City are playing over their heads at this time and will go through stretches worse than we've currently endured before this season is over. We are only 2.5 games back of the Tigers and tied with Minnesota at this time. If we played .550 baseball the rest of the season, it may be enough to win the division. I don't understand how anyone says this season is unsalvageable at this time.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 1, 2011 -> 06:18 PM)
You keep mentioning Memorial Day at the "get real" date, and it's interesting how poorly our schedule plays out for the next few weeks. Even with the team playing good, a .500 record over the next few weeks would have been decent.

And like it or not, being 9 games under on Memorial day is at best dangerous territory.

Just like last year, they've left themselves little room to be a .500 team for the next few weeks.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 1, 2011 -> 05:19 PM)
And like it or not, being 9 games under on Memorial day is at best dangerous territory.

Just like last year, they've left themselves little room to be a .500 team for the next few weeks.

Getting back to the point of this thread, than do your part to energize the team and get out to support them. Empty seats are not motivation to turn it around and if you really think that now is "do or die" time, do your part to help jump start them.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 1, 2011 -> 06:22 PM)
Getting back to the point of this thread, than do your part to energize the team and get out to support them. Empty seats are not motivation to turn it around and if you really think that now is "do or die" time, do your part to help jump start them.

It's a 9 hour drive for me. I've got July 4th tickets, I'd be there on Memorial day if they weren't on a 10 day road trip then also.

I might go see the Bulls one of these games.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 1, 2011 -> 05:23 PM)
It's a 9 hour drive for me. I've got July 4th tickets, I'd be there on Memorial day if they weren't on a 10 day road trip then also.

I might go see the Bulls one of these games.

I understand those who have some serious travel requirements and will withdraw the statement to you. But as many "fans" as we have who live within 50 miles of the Cell, its ridiculous not to have a full house for these two games.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 1, 2011 -> 04:54 PM)
To the fan base. To the organization. To the players. To everyone.

If you can't support our team except when they are winning at a 75% clip, Jerry might as well knock the payroll down to $25 million per season, average about 12,000 fans per game, and make a nice profit off TV revenues.

Haha, he might have to do that anyway.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 1, 2011 -> 05:22 PM)

Filled seats apparently isn't motivation either as the Twins are tied with us for last.