We need to pack the The Cell Tuesday & Wednesday

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 1, 2011 -> 05:02 PM)
These two teams will still be the ones battling for the division title come September and the games played at this point could make the difference. I realize that not everyone can afford to go to every game....but based upon the crowds thus far, there's a lot of people who haven't gone to any games (or just a few this year). If the fanbase is not going to support this team, why should the players give a damn? Anybody who wants this team to give a 110% effort every nite should also be willing to give that effort as a fan.

It should be the other way around, big guy. The players need to perform to get people to come out and spend a minimum of 75 bucks that they earned by working hard and doing their jobs well. That last part is something that the team isn't even doing.

And in regards to your statement about giving 110%, that's impossible. No one can give more than 100%. By definition, that's the most anyone can give.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 1, 2011 -> 05:04 PM)
I wasn't because I live almost 2000 miles away. However, I will be in Seattle Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for all 3 games and proudly supporting my team despite their struggles thus far.

Haha, GTFO telling other people to go to games, then. If you're such a fan willing to give 110% to this team, find a f***ing job in Chicago and support them yourself.

Otherwise, shut the f*** up with your "holier than thou" attitude, telling people they need to support the team. Seriously, what a tool.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 1, 2011 -> 06:31 PM)
And in regards to your statement about giving 110%, that's impossible. No one can give more than 100%. By definition, that's the most anyone can give.

:lolhitting

May I hug you?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 1, 2011 -> 05:14 PM)
That's not hard at all to believe. Frankly, we're right back in the spot we were last year, where it will take a major, major run to get out of this hole.

Memorial day is always the evaluation point, and we're getting closer.

And we still failed in the end.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 1, 2011 -> 05:36 PM)
And we still failed in the end.

That's the best part of all the comparisons to the great run they had last year--they still failed in the end because of the massive hole they put themselves in.

I'm not planning on spending a dime on this team this year. I was really excited before the season started and almost pulled the trigger on an Ozzie plan. Really glad I didn't do that.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 1, 2011 -> 06:42 PM)
That's the best part of all the comparisons to the great run they had last year--they still failed in the end because of the massive hole they put themselves in.

Well, there's 2 ways to look at it though. They had a massive hole at the beginning but they dug themselves completely out of that hole and built a 3 game lead. If we're using "digging a hole" as the metaphor...we got completely out of the hole and then started climbing on top of the pile, but then turned around and headed back into the hole afterwards.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 1, 2011 -> 06:27 PM)
I understand those who have some serious travel requirements and will withdraw the statement to you. But as many "fans" as we have who live within 50 miles of the Cell, its ridiculous not to have a full house for these two games.

It is as far from ridiculous as you can get.

This team deserves nothing.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 1, 2011 -> 06:33 PM)
Haha, GTFO telling other people to go to games, then. If you're such a fan willing to give 110% to this team, find a f***ing job in Chicago and support them yourself.

Otherwise, shut the f*** up with your "holier than thou" attitude, telling people they need to support the team. Seriously, what a tool.

/thread

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 1, 2011 -> 05:42 PM)

I'm not planning on spending a dime on this team this year. I was really excited before the season started and almost pulled the trigger on an Ozzie plan. Really glad I didn't do that.

That is easily the worst part of this baseball season. We had such high expectations and it all started out so well, but it went the exact opposite way. It's like a kick in the balls.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 1, 2011 -> 06:33 PM)

Well this was unnecessary

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 1, 2011 -> 05:42 PM)

Ditto on the bolded. And I feel awful for season ticket holders. They can't give away tickets.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 1, 2011 -> 05:33 PM)

It's not a holier than though attitude and if my personal situations allowed, I would love to have a job in Chicago. Despite living in an area with no professional teams though, I still make a dedicated effort to go to as many games as possible. After next weekend, I'll have been to three games this season. There's many "fans" who haven't been to any games this year and lots of people talking that they don't plan to do so. I spend a lot more of my hard earned money to go to the games than those who live in Chicago as I have to pay for travel and hotel in addition to tickets and parking. However, I don't complain about that and will do so the rest of my live no matter how this team performs. If people have legitimate reasons why they can't go to the games (don't live in the area, aren't working now, have a job that conflicts with most gametimes, etc). It's understandable that they don't make many games. However, when you're only excuse for not going is that the team is not in first place now and dominating every game it plays, its sad. True fans support their team to the largest extent possible whether their team is winning or losing. Those that don't can not be classified as anything other than fair weather fans.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 1, 2011 -> 06:54 PM)
How so? I think it was an entirely appropriate response to a guy telling people that they need to go to games or be labeled as fairweather fans.

The tone, saying shut the f*** up, calling him a tool, etc. You couldn't have gotten your point across without doing all that?

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 1, 2011 -> 05:57 PM)
The tone, saying shut the f*** up, calling him a tool, etc. You couldn't have gotten your point across without doing all that?

Emphasis. Telling people what they need to do when you don't even do it yourself is deserving of being told to shut the f*** up. And yes, I do believe that makes a person a tool.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 1, 2011 -> 05:55 PM)
True fans support their team to the largest extent possible whether their team is winning or losing. Those that don't can not be classified as anything other than fair weather fans.

GMAFB. Get off your high horse. Just because a lot of us complain on a message board because our team is playing like horses*** doesn't mean we don't support our team. It's not like we all went out and bought season tickets for another team. We still follow the games on TV, radio, and Internet. In case you didn't realize this but the economy f***ing blows. Spending $250 for a family of four to go see AA quality baseball might not be in everyone's best interest.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 1, 2011 -> 05:57 PM)

I'm a big boy and can handle inappropriate name calling....it's the holier than thou part I don't get. I'm going to games and and not asking anyone to do anything that I'm not.

Staying at home and b****ing endlessly does nothing to help us change results for the remaining 80% of the season.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 1, 2011 -> 05:55 PM)
It's not a holier than though attitude and if my personal situations allowed, I would love to have a job in Chicago. Despite living in an area with no professional teams though, I still make a dedicated effort to go to as many games as possible. After next weekend, I'll have been to three games this season. There's many "fans" who haven't been to any games this year and lots of people talking that they don't plan to do so. I spend a lot more of my hard earned money to go to the games than those who live in Chicago as I have to pay for travel and hotel in addition to tickets and parking. However, I don't complain about that and will do so the rest of my live no matter how this team performs. If people have legitimate reasons why they can't go to the games (don't live in the area, aren't working now, have a job that conflicts with most gametimes, etc). It's understandable that they don't make many games. However, when you're only excuse for not going is that the team is not in first place now and dominating every game it plays, its sad. True fans support their team to the largest extent possible whether their team is winning or losing. Those that don't can not be classified as anything other than fair weather fans.

And that's the case with absolutely nobody on this board. If you read, you would know that there are many reasons why people aren't going to the games. It's not as simple as "the team isn't good, so I'm not going."

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ May 1, 2011 -> 06:02 PM)
I'm a big boy and can handle inappropriate name calling....it's the holier than thou part I don't get. I'm going to games and and not asking anyone to do anything that I'm not.

Staying at home and b****ing endlessly does nothing to help us change results for the remaining 80% of the season.

Neither does going to games. :lolhitting at you for thinking that the team will play better if their feelings weren't hurt by the fans not giving them unwavering support. Those poor widdle babies

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 1, 2011 -> 06:03 PM)
Just follow the board guidelines on personal attacks please. That's how threads get out of hands and people end up getting suspended.

I understand your position, but I see people being told to shut up constantly. I guess using the word "tool" was over the top, but I stick by it. And I'm betting a lot of people would agree with that characterization after reading this thread.