Osama Bin Laden Dead

SoxFanForever

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 2, 2011 -> 03:18 AM)
My mom just came into my bedroom and said "Obama is dead." I about stopped breathing for 30 seconds until she realized what she said and corrected herself "Osama is dead, Obama is speaking soon."

That's a pretty big mistake from your mom. Oh well, give her a hug anyway.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 1, 2011 -> 10:20 PM)
That's a pretty big mistake from your mom. Oh well, give her a hug anyway.

She was definitely trying to say Osama is dead and Obama is going to speak but was combining the two. Freaked my dad out too, he just walked by and his face went pale as a ghost.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 2, 2011 -> 03:23 AM)
She was definitely trying to say Osama is dead and Obama is going to speak but was combining the two. Freaked my dad out too, he just walked by and his face went pale as a ghost.

A lot of people are tweeting the same stories right now. Relatives screwing it up at first and saying Obama is dead.

You'll have a story to tell your grandkids someday.

Was your mom all excited when she said it or was it just a calm mom moment screw up?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 1, 2011 -> 11:23 PM)
s***. Why even bother with a 2012 Presidential election after this news. The election is over.

Meh, it won't take a single news cycle for the Right to do a full court pres to try to absolutely minimize any role the administration played in finally getting the guy.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 1, 2011 -> 10:25 PM)
A lot of people are tweeting the same stories right now. Relatives screwing it up at first and saying Obama is dead.

You'll have a story to tell your grandkids someday.

Was your mom all excited when she said it or was it just a calm mom moment screw up?

She was pretty excited, 9/11 is one of the few times I ever saw my parents cry and I could tell they were both happy that this guy is no longer walking the earth.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ May 1, 2011 -> 10:27 PM)
Meh, it won't take a single news cycle for the Right to do a full court pres to try to absolutely minimize any role the administration played in finally getting the guy.

doesn't even matter.

he's invincible on national security now.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 1, 2011 -> 10:30 PM)
President Obama is an hour late for a 10:30 pm press conference... he is officially on CPT (Colored People's Time for those of you who are not down)

Dats how we roll son!

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 1, 2011 -> 11:25 PM)
It'd be nice if this could not be political for as long as possible.

It would be nice & and a shocker

Lib's will say we ended Bush's mission

Conserv's will say well we were right about the war to begin with

President Obama is an hour late for a 10:30 pm press conference... he is officially on CPT (Colored People's Time for those of you who are not down)

That's so raycess! Anyway, imagine if you were the guy...the one who had the killshot...

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 1, 2011 -> 10:30 PM)
She was pretty excited, 9/11 is one of the few times I ever saw my parents cry and I could tell they were both happy that this guy is no longer walking the earth.

My aunt was there at the time. Wasn't in the building thank goodness, but seeing people fall out of the sky (well... building) was something she'll never forget. She was ecstatic to hear this.

He's supposedly speaking in the next couple of minutes.