Osama Bin Laden Dead

SoxFanForever

I'm impressed with how quiet it was kept. This was a long time in planning and I for one was shocked when I heard the new last night. I sort of thought for the past few years that he has been dead for a while since we really haven't heard much about him...aside ffrom purported sightings and audio recordings.

I'm not sure this secures a victory for Obama in 2012 but it certainly helps him. A year and a half until the election, but people will remember that "Obama got Osama".

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 2, 2011 -> 08:08 AM)
Like the 1992 election was over in 1991 when George 1 finished a crushing military victory over Iraq.

Oh that's right. I remember when we finally defeated those guys that attacked us on our soil. Our country was so relieved to finally have defeated them.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 2, 2011 -> 09:31 AM)
Oh that's right. I remember when we finally defeated those guys that attacked us on our soil. Our country was so relieved to finally have defeated them.

We defeated Al Qaeda yesterday?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 2, 2011 -> 08:28 AM)
A pretty far cry from the cave. With the kinds of items that there are in the area, it's pretty easy to believe that the Pakistani army was directly aiding him.

Wow. It will be hard for Pakistan to convince the rest of the world that they did not know he was there. Good job by the US keeping quiet about the mission, because I'm sure the info would have been leaked to Bin Laden.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 2, 2011 -> 08:50 AM)
Wow. It will be hard for Pakistan to convince the rest of the world that they did not know he was there. Good job by the US keeping quiet about the mission, because I'm sure the info would have been leaked to Bin Laden.

How the heck did we not know he was there? That is crazy. But there is doubt that parts of the Pak military were aiding, there is no way around it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 2, 2011 -> 09:53 AM)
How the heck did we not know he was there? That is crazy. But there is doubt that parts of the Pak military were aiding, there is no way around it.

Well, the first note is that this compound wasn't built until 2005, so he can't have been there until that point.

True Story: In 2001, I dressed up as a dead Osama Bin Laden for Halloween. Yes, less than 2 months after 9/11. I walked in and the host said "you have huge balls to be wearing that." The method of death on my costume? A bullet to the head. I was 9 years early I guess.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 2, 2011 -> 09:06 AM)
True Story: In 2001, I dressed up as a dead Osama Bin Laden for Halloween. Yes, less than 2 months after 9/11. I walked in and the host said "you have huge balls to be wearing that." The method of death on my costume? A bullet to the head. I was 9 years early I guess.

Not impressed.

What are the chances that tapes of Osama speaking are leaked over the next few years to make it look like he was not killed? I'm sure they could have easily taped a few speeches of his while he was in hiding.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 2, 2011 -> 09:20 AM)
What are the chances that tapes of Osama speaking are leaked over the next few years to make it look like he was not killed? I'm sure they could have easily taped a few speeches of his while he was in hiding.

110%

I hear where some of y'all are coming from. It was a war ending kind of street celebration, yet the war really hasn't ended. It probably didn't help that it seemed like many were celebrating for the sake of celebrating. I was expecting a more somber, remember those that died, kind of mood. But the spontaneity of the celebrations was very cool, and I believe genuine for the majority of people. :usa

Interesting:

ABC News reported that Obama had passed on a chance to bomb that same compound back in March. According to the report, the president was wary of attacking the location with two B-2 stealth bombers out of concern that it would reduce the building (and all evidence inside) to rubble. The potential for collateral damage -- 22 people were inside the compound, including women and children -- was also a deterrent, ABC reported.

Be patient, and reap a bigger reward

Edited by Athomeboy_2000