Osama Bin Laden Dead

SoxFanForever

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tex @ May 2, 2011 -> 09:42 AM)
So what are we giving the Pakistanis in return for them giving him up?

Well there was a $25 million reward being offered, but the Pakistanis were the ones hiding him anyway.

Just wanted to pop in to say that I was surprised how emotional and happy I was to hear this news. I dont' think I would've known how I would have reacted if you posed a hypothetical, but it was very emotional. A tremendous sense of closure for sure.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 2, 2011 -> 10:56 AM)
Will we ever know the Navy Seal identities or are those guys top secret?

I doubt they or their families want their names released for their own safety. It will likely be a while.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 2, 2011 -> 10:10 AM)
Here is a twist that I fully expected to see, but I had no idea it had started years ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...war-terror.html

If he had been dead for seven years, there is no doubt it would have been leaked by someone in the U.S. government at some point over the last seven years.

I got to say, that I saw Obama on that Corresondents Dinner on Fri/Sat night, can't remember which day. And it seemed like he had a little "hop in his step" and I thought to myself, man he's feeling/looking real good. Wonder why? I just figured it was the whole Birth Certificate thing. Guess he knew what was coming in the next 24-48 hours.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 2, 2011 -> 10:22 AM)
If he had been dead for seven years, there is no doubt it would have been leaked by someone in the U.S. government at some point over the last seven years.

Anytime I see Bush connected to a vast conspiracy the first thing I think of is that we never found WMDs in Iraq. If Bush was good enough to pull off something like that, you are telling me he couldn't have had a couple of anthrax bombs dumped in the desert to "find"? And then that he could pull of a 9-11 or something way more complex and crazy? Yeah, I don't buy it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 2, 2011 -> 10:10 AM)
Here is a twist that I fully expected to see, but I had no idea it had started years ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...war-terror.html

On the other side of the coin, his bad health and possible death in 2001 could have been an attempt by Al-Qaeda to create a red herring. Basically, the conspiracy could have been started by them to throw off the people trying to find him.

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ May 2, 2011 -> 10:26 AM)
I got to say, that I saw Obama on that Corresondents Dinner on Fri/Sat night, can't remember which day. And it seemed like he had a little "hop in his step" and I thought to myself, man he's feeling/looking real good. Wonder why? I just figured it was the whole Birth Certificate thing. Guess he knew what was coming in the next 24-48 hours.

Maybe he was feeling/looking good because he was the one who actually pulled the trigger.

Obama_got_bin_Laden.jpg

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ May 2, 2011 -> 10:50 AM)
Maybe he was feeling/looking good because he was the one who actually pulled the trigger.

Obama_got_bin_Laden.jpg

I like that. A lot.

Edited by PlaySumFnJurny

Plus, why wouldn't the USA have wanted people to know he was dead 10 years ago? If you can give people closure now or much later, which would you choose?

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 2, 2011 -> 10:56 AM)
Plus, why wouldn't the USA have wanted people to know he was dead 10 years ago? If you can give people closure now or much later, which would you choose?

I'd doubt people's feelings are high on their priority list.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 2, 2011 -> 09:37 AM)
I knew one of my friends was going to say it, and the person who did was the one I would have expected: "has mixed feelings about today's news. What would Jesus have done?"

Thats how I feel. My facebook feed is littered with people I know would claim to be Christian cheering his death/telling him to enjoy hell. It's wrong, no matter what he did.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/20...s-corpse-1.html

Anyone else think this is a mistake if they don't release these photos? Do we really want to leave any doubt about this? I think that's a little more important than offending someone with a graphic image.

Also, huge props to the US military, the administration, and everyone else involved. A sweet day for the USoA.

Before the official announcement las tonight I put this on facebook: "It only took 9.5 years..."

To that a friend replied: "only took obama 2" (referencing Bush's inability to get Bin Laden)

Another friend replied: "The president has VERY little to do with the actual success of any tactical operation gents."

I'm thinking he might want to retract that now knowing that Obama gave the direct orders to go.