Osama Bin Laden Dead

SoxFanForever

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 2, 2011 -> 03:38 PM)
He's been dumped in the Persian Gulf buried at sea already. Saudi didn't want his body and his family disowned him decades ago.

Plus they didn't want his grave site to turn into some worshipful destination for terrorist wannabees, with people flocking there like they do for Jim Morrison in Paris.

Edited by PlaySumFnJurny

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 2, 2011 -> 03:36 PM)
I'm assuming someone will get the MoH (or some other really high commendation) for this, whether it's the actual guy who pulled the trigger...

BTW reports are that he was double-tapped in the head, I've no doubts that this was a straight-up assassination mission.

I read that they were going with head shots and double tap because they were worried someone in the house would be a suicide bomber.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 2, 2011 -> 03:43 PM)
I actually couldn't stop laughing at that movie. I never saw the skits on SNL and thought it'd suck, but it was hilarious.

Agreed. A pleasant surprise.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 2, 2011 -> 03:44 PM)
I know this is grim and I'm sure it'll have more than a few of you shaking your heads or wagging your finger, but how cool would it be to be the guy who gave him the double tap?

Someone tweeted that he might be the first guy to die from too many blowjobs.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 2, 2011 -> 03:27 PM)
extraordinarily satisfied and happy with this obviously....but im gonna drop in my 2cents about the celebration thing and then (hopefully) not say another word about it

Like I said, I'm very happy about this. An unreal amount of internal satisfaction, pride for our country, for our troops, and a sense of certainty that justice has finally come. I was a bit surprised at some (not all) of the celebration last night, not because people were celebrating a man's death (I am unbelievably happy he is dead) but more the manner in which people went about it.

As I watched last night, there were people simply going crazy, as if they were at college game day and the camera panned over them. It looked as if they were going crazy, and gettin drunk simply for the purpose of going crazy in getting drunk. It was like they had an excuse to go nuts and looked for a camera to get their faces on. These people, I don't believe, must have truly understood the emotions of 9-11. 9-11 strikes an emotion truly deep inside. When I found out he was dead, I shed a tear. I thought about all those emotions from that day, my friends in Afghanistan defending our country, my family members who have served our country. It was the same sort of joy you get watching a family member get married, or seeing a veteran get honored at a football game. Quite different some of the people I saw who were acting like they just caught some Mardi Gras beads

I know people celebrate differently, but you can't tell me that the people you see between 30-35 seconds in the video below aren't acting like ass clowns who don't truly get this thing.

http://youtu.be/QQCoWVBDarU#t=1m52s

Roll tide? are you kidding me?

It appeared to me that the majority of people who celebrated understood this, and I didnt mind their celebration. But there were certainly a select few idiots who are, and always will be idiots.

People may rip me for this post, but thats fine. I'll continue to wear my USA hat today with pride and celebrate appropriately with those who truly remember what it was like almost 10 years ago

In every group there are bound to be idiots. Making a big deal out of said idiots is where you wind up just looking silly.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 2, 2011 -> 04:42 PM)
I read that they were going with head shots and double tap because they were worried someone in the house would be a suicide bomber.

It'd be interesting to know, if that were the case, if they felt it necessary to have the President rescind or alter executive order 12333 beforehand.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 2, 2011 -> 03:44 PM)
Someone tweeted that he might be the first guy to die from too many blowjobs.

Haha, that was a great one. I honestly laughed pretty hard. Your iPhone joke yesterday was classic, too.

And do you think the guy who did it had a cool or hilarious line?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 2, 2011 -> 03:35 PM)
LOL, it's like people are saying it's OK to be happy about his death, but don't show that you're happy.

Theres always going to be someone with a differing opinion because they like to be different. In the end a monster is dead, and the world is better for it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 2, 2011 -> 03:46 PM)
Haha, that was a great one. I honestly laughed pretty hard. Your iPhone joke yesterday was classic, too.

I could only think of cheesy action movie one liners so I won't even bother.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 2, 2011 -> 03:42 PM)

I just read an article with an intelligence source that said they were willing to take him alive but he resisted so they didn't.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 2, 2011 -> 03:46 PM)

The Seal's are a bunch of guys living with guys for a majority of their career. I'm sure there was some comments that were off the wall.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 2, 2011 -> 03:47 PM)
I just read an article with an intelligence source that said they were willing to take him alive but he resisted so they didn't.

During the press conference a little while ago, you had one quote saying that directly above a scrolling quote saying the mission was to kill him.

Honestly that was the best option imo, no need to drag that out into months of political debates over a trial.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 2, 2011 -> 03:47 PM)
The Seal's are a bunch of guys living with guys for a majority of their career. I'm sure there was some comments that were off the wall.

That's what I figure. I hope they listened to Party In The USA when they returned to base, too.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 2, 2011 -> 03:49 PM)
During the press conference a little while ago, you had one quote saying that directly above a scrolling quote saying the mission was to kill him.

Honestly that was the best option imo, no need to drag that out into months of political debates over a trial.

I agree. This way is definitely the best choice. Maybe take a few funny pictures with the body before dumping it in the ocean, but that's about it.

Really, I'm not even sure if I was kidding about the last part. I would be thrilled to no end if one day a picture surfaces with a SEAL mimicking getting fellated by Osama bin Laden's lifeless body.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 2, 2011 -> 03:51 PM)
f***ing asshole republicans, already trying to deflect credit owed to the Obama administration

Also, he looks a lot thinner.

I think its more pathetic that people are trying to make this into a political lynchpin. The people that were murdered by OBL werent left, right, middle,or even all American. They were people. I wish some of the talking heads could focus back on those victims instead of whose damn party did what.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 2, 2011 -> 03:49 PM)

I'm sure it was an order to take him alive if he was willing but to leave absolute no chance of him escaping. The more I think about it the more I think i'm ok with that. Him alive in handcuffs would have been great TV though.

Also, how wild would it have been to be one of those seal guys. To actually get in there and see that it was Bin Laden. In their minds you think they were like "holy s***, that's the guy we've been looking at in videos and photographs for 10 years."

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 2, 2011 -> 03:50 PM)
I hope they listened to Party In The USA when they returned to base, too.

Bad motherf***er Navy Seals don't listen to Miley Cyrus.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 2, 2011 -> 03:54 PM)
I think its more pathetic that people are trying to make this into a political lynchpin. The people that were murdered by OBL werent left, right, middle,or even all American. They were people. I wish some of the talking heads could focus back on those victims instead of whose damn party did what.

I'm sure it'll happen eventually, but I have yet to read or hear of any political figure from either party doing this.