Osama Bin Laden Dead

SoxFanForever

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 3, 2011 -> 11:29 AM)
It is laughable to think that Bin Laden was there for years, right under the noses of the Pak military and they did not know it.

Think about it in this sense. Say one or two high ranking officials, a couple of generals, were well aware of it. In any military (correct me if I'm wrong, lostfan or any of the other veterans), aren't any subordinates going to just follow the order to ignore that location? I'm sure there would be plenty of people who had their doubts and reservations, but isn't it also highly frowned upon to go over someone's head in the military?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 3, 2011 -> 01:04 PM)
They respectfully listed the names of the victims of the sept 11th attacks. I think its worth seeing.

Thank you. I was trying to get you to tell me what they'd done since the Sun Times is unavailable in Tennessee.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 3, 2011 -> 12:11 PM)
Steve, what exactly is that? Is it a real reenactment of the fight? It's telling me that it's private or something.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 3, 2011 -> 12:11 PM)
Says it's private, unfortunately.

Sorry, looks like NMA took it off of YouTube. Here it is from another site.

The Chinese are hilarious.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 3, 2011 -> 12:13 PM)
They did win a pulitzer prize for local news coverage.

Yeah, they do have some good pieces, but I feel overall their top stories and front pages tend to get very tabloid-ish, or at least more so than the Tribune. Either way, a very classy tribute by them to list those names.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 3, 2011 -> 12:25 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=2369868:date=May 3, 2011 -> 12:11 PM:name=Milkman delivers)-->
QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 3, 2011 -> 12:11 PM)
<!--quotec-->Steve, what exactly is that? Is it a real reenactment of the fight? It's telling me that it's private or something.

<!--quoteo(post=2369869:date=May 3, 2011 -> 12:11 PM:name=Jenksismyb****)-->

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 3, 2011 -> 12:11 PM)
<!--quotec-->Says it's private, unfortunately.

Sorry, looks like NMA took it off of YouTube. Here it is from another site.

The Chinese are hilarious.

Ugh, so it's a joke. Damn it. I was really hoping that they somehow released an actual reenactment using some sort of CGI. I know they were able to watch the fight live, so even though it seemed a little far-fetched, I was hoping that they actually did this.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 3, 2011 -> 12:28 PM)
Ugh, so it's a joke. Damn it. I was really hoping that they somehow released an actual reenactment using some sort of CGI. I know they were able to watch the fight live, so even though it seemed a little far-fetched, I was hoping that they actually did this.

Agreed. I want to see this photo, the video of his "burial" and the video of the fight, if that ever gets released. Perhaps a bit morbid, but this guy has basically become a fictional character the last decade so any real photo or video would be pretty crazy to see.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 3, 2011 -> 12:10 PM)
Think about it in this sense. Say one or two high ranking officials, a couple of generals, were well aware of it. In any military (correct me if I'm wrong, lostfan or any of the other veterans), aren't any subordinates going to just follow the order to ignore that location? I'm sure there would be plenty of people who had their doubts and reservations, but isn't it also highly frowned upon to go over someone's head in the military?

So you are agreeing that people knew where BinLaden was?

I may have missed it, but is the assumption he's been there since 2005? I'm not surprised he was living in a mansion, with his money I assumed he was in some remote villa with access to multiple escape points. My second assumption was he had multiple safe houses to move to, never staying more than a week or two at any one place. Perhaps he grew tired of running. If he had been there since 2005 there is a bit of satisfaction knowing he was a prisoner, even if he was a prisoner in a prison he built.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 3, 2011 -> 12:27 PM)
Yeah, they do have some good pieces, but I feel overall their top stories and front pages tend to get very tabloid-ish, or at least more so than the Tribune. Either way, a very classy tribute by them to list those names.

The ST is garbage. It is nice to see them do this, but in general it isn't much of a "news"paper.

QUOTE (Tex @ May 3, 2011 -> 12:39 PM)
I may have missed it, but is the assumption he's been there since 2005? I'm not surprised he was living in a mansion, with his money I assumed he was in some remote villa with access to multiple escape points. My second assumption was he had multiple safe houses to move to, never staying more than a week or two at any one place. Perhaps he grew tired of running. If he had been there since 2005 there is a bit of satisfaction knowing he was a prisoner, even if he was a prisoner in a prison he built.

You know, I never thought of it that way. There is some satisfaction in that.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 3, 2011 -> 12:30 PM)
Agreed. I want to see this photo, the video of his "burial" and the video of the fight, if that ever gets released. Perhaps a bit morbid, but this guy has basically become a fictional character the last decade so any real photo or video would be pretty crazy to see.

I think a photo would definitely be good. The burial is not something I'd like to see and they may not have even taped that. I feel like airing the video of that would definitely piss people off unnecessarily.

A video or reenactment of the actual fight is only a dream, but that would be the coolest of the three.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 3, 2011 -> 12:44 PM)
The burial is not something I'd like to see and they may not have even taped that.

The White House confirmed that the burial at sea was taped.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 3, 2011 -> 12:42 PM)
Yes, I said that from the very beginning. Somebody had to know.

Gotcha, we agree then. That's why I was laughing at the article claiming that the Pak military didn't know anything. That is a load of crap.

QUOTE (Tex @ May 3, 2011 -> 01:39 PM)

I think it's safe to assume he's been in this compound, maybe with the occasional trip out, since 2005. If nothing else, the U.S. has supposedly been watching this facility quite intently for the last year and there's no reports that we saw him coming or going.