Osama Bin Laden Dead

SoxFanForever

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ May 4, 2011 -> 08:31 PM)
god damn those guys are good.. looks like all headshots.. i could never hit like that while on the move. POW right in the kisser!

Chin and side of the head. Great shots.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 4, 2011 -> 11:19 PM)
Chin and side of the head. Great shots.

For sure.. I cant pull that off consistently at the range, i cant imagine under a high pressure situation with THE PRESIDENT watching. Its good to have these guys on our side.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 4, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)
25a41ur.gif25a41ur.gif25a41ur.gif25a41ur.gif

:lolhitting Thanks for slamming that one home for me. I figure it was an easy alley-oop. We do operate above any law. I wonder why so many around the world resent us.

We wont ratify the Rome Statute, I think its just us, Russia, China, Qatar and the Swiss now. The company you keep, I guess.

Honestly we should let the ICC take a look at the thing, OBL was obviously an enemy combatant.

Edited by DukeNukeEm

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 4, 2011 -> 06:10 PM)
Faking the thing requires too many moving parts... the government really isn't as good at that kind of thing as some people assume or daydream about.

Which is why I laugh at anyone who tries to say that George W Bush pulled off 9/11.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 4, 2011 -> 06:10 PM)
The best part of that tweet is her saying it's a warning. Yeah, because I'm sure all of those terrorists willing to suicide bomb and die for their cause of killing others will really be scared off by death.

Well, it is a warning in the sense that even if it takes us 10 years we're still going to find you.

I think Palin is an idiot, but I honestly don't think she said anything wrong there.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 5, 2011 -> 09:52 AM)
Well, it is a warning in the sense that even if it takes us 10 years we're still going to find you.

I think Palin is an idiot, but I honestly don't think she said anything wrong there.

How does releasing the photos change that?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 5, 2011 -> 08:55 AM)
How does releasing the photos change that?

I think there are various types of deniers out there. There's your extreme conspiracy theorists who won't believe anything, even if they see it with their own eyes. But I also think there are skeptics out there who question whether Bin Laden is really dead and a picture of proof (including perhaps pictures of his burial service) would leave no doubt. Look at the birther issue. Nearly 40% of the population kinda bought into it. Obama gave proof, and now you're just left with the nut jobs who think it's all a fake.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 5, 2011 -> 10:00 AM)
I think there are various types of deniers out there. There's your extreme conspiracy theorists who won't believe anything, even if they see it with their own eyes. But I also think there are skeptics out there who question whether Bin Laden is really dead and a picture of proof (including perhaps pictures of his burial service) would leave no doubt. Look at the birther issue. Nearly 40% of the population kinda bought into it. Obama gave proof, and now you're just left with the nut jobs who think it's all a fake.

Proving things to crazy american nutjob conspiracy theorists is a far cry from what you said in your previous post to justify Palin saying that Obama was "p****footing" around with the photos and that releasing them would be a warning.

Furthermore, I don't care what some conspiracy theorists think. He's dead unless someone releases a photo of him with today's newspaper, and anyone who, 6 months from now is still saying he's alive will look pathetic. You don't need to cater to them.

No one, whether they're on fox or not, in their right mind should be thinking he's alive.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 5, 2011 -> 09:03 AM)
Proving things to crazy american nutjob conspiracy theorists is a far cry from what you said in your previous post to justify Palin saying that Obama was "p****footing" around with the photos and that releasing them would be a warning.

Furthermore, I don't care what some conspiracy theorists think. He's dead unless someone releases a photo of him with today's newspaper, and anyone who, 6 months from now is still saying he's alive will look pathetic. You don't need to cater to them.

No one, whether they're on fox or not, in their right mind should be thinking he's alive.

Excellent post.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 5, 2011 -> 09:03 AM)

I'm talking about doubters in the middle east. Apparently we're so worried about offending them with a gruesome picture (or "p****footing" around with the photo issue as Palin called it), but we're not worried that we'll leave open the conspiracy that he was never killed in the first place? Seems pretty dumb to me.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 5, 2011 -> 09:07 AM)
I'm talking about doubters in the middle east. Apparently we're so worried about offending them with a gruesome picture (or "p****footing" around with the photo issue as Palin called it), but we're not worried that we'll leave open the conspiracy that he was never killed in the first place? Seems pretty dumb to me.

So you're ok with photos of killed American soldiers and/or generals being waved around and televised by our enemies?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 5, 2011 -> 10:07 AM)

The doubters in the Middle East will look just as stupid as the doubters in the U.S. Hell, I haven't even seen a purported "Al Qaeda" statement denying that he was dead, have you? Pandering to the beliefs of idiots is not a very solid reason to release those photos, and it's still a far cry from your statement that it'd somehow be sending a message in a way that the actual killing of UBL did not.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 5, 2011 -> 09:09 AM)
So you're ok with photos of killed American soldiers and/or generals being waved around and televised by our enemies?

As a hypothetical, if Iranian state television claimed that Iranian troops killed President Bush, and I was forced to believe only what I was told by Iranian politicians and offices, with a few pictures of the after math, I don't think I'd have much of a problem with them publishing a picture proving their allegations true. I'd be skeptical of the news.

You guys are forgetting that a good chunk of people out there, our supposed enemies, don't trust what we say and are brain-washed into believing that we're a bunch of murdering liars.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 5, 2011 -> 09:10 AM)
The doubters in the Middle East will look just as stupid as the doubters in the U.S. Hell, I haven't even seen a purported "Al Qaeda" statement denying that he was dead, have you? Pandering to the beliefs of idiots is not a very solid reason to release those photos, and it's still a far cry from your statement that it'd somehow be sending a message in a way that the actual killing of UBL did not.

Providing photographic evidence is not a stronger message than just relying on US government statements/press conferences? Seriously? From the perspective of people we're talking about here?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 5, 2011 -> 10:22 AM)
As a hypothetical, if Iranian state television claimed that Iranian troops killed President Bush, and I was forced to believe only what I was told by Iranian politicians and offices, with a few pictures of the after math, I don't think I'd have much of a problem with them publishing a picture proving their allegations true. I'd be skeptical of the news.

You guys are forgetting that a good chunk of people out there, our supposed enemies, don't trust what we say and are brain-washed into believing that we're a bunch of murdering liars.

Why would you believe the pictures? I think the fact that no word has come from OBL since his death is proof enough.

QUOTE (G&T @ May 5, 2011 -> 09:33 AM)
Why would you believe the pictures? I think the fact that no word has come from OBL since his death is proof enough.

I'm not a big tech guy, but I think it'd be incredibly difficult to doctor a fake death picture. The ones that supposedly went around the last couple of days were quickly pegged as obvious fakes. Maybe I couldn't determine if it was a fake, but I would trust that an expert would look at it and try to authenticate it to a reasonable degree.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 5, 2011 -> 09:37 AM)
I'm not a big tech guy, but I think it'd be incredibly difficult to doctor a fake death picture. The ones that supposedly went around the last couple of days were quickly pegged as obvious fakes. Maybe I couldn't determine if it was a fake, but I would trust that an expert would look at it and try to authenticate it to a reasonable degree.

But what if they used a completely authentic photo of a dead guy that happened to look eerily similar to OBL? The photo could be authentic but what if the person in it isn't?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 5, 2011 -> 10:37 AM)

I would argue that you don't have to doctor the photo. If you really wanted to fake it, it could be a very good dummy in the picture. If I don't want to believe he is dead, there is always an excuse not to believe.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 5, 2011 -> 09:24 AM)
Providing photographic evidence is not a stronger message than just relying on US government statements/press conferences? Seriously? From the perspective of people we're talking about here?

If history is anything, it tells us that both are very good at faking anything they want. If people don't believe the government, they aren't going to believe their evidence. That is kind of counter intuitive. All though it is nice to see how many people in here trust the federal government to tell them the truth again :lol: