Osama Bin Laden Dead

SoxFanForever

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 5, 2011 -> 07:31 PM)
There is actually a pretty sizable debate (which I don't agree with, well more like, don't care about) that it could have been illegal.

I mean, we performed an unauthorized military operation in a 3rd party's country. Of course it's illegal by some definition.

The real question is why would anyone care.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 5, 2011 -> 01:31 PM)
There is actually a pretty sizable debate (which I don't agree with, well more like, don't care about) that it could have been illegal.

It sure as well may have been.

My issue is that the right is now trying to say it was the wrong thing to do which I find ludicrous.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 5, 2011 -> 03:42 PM)
I mean, we performed an unauthorized military operation in a 3rd party's country. Of course it's illegal by some definition.

Beyond that, what is anyone going to do about it?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 5, 2011 -> 09:03 AM)
He's dead unless someone releases a photo of him with today's newspaper, and anyone who, 6 months from now is still saying he's alive will look pathetic. You don't need to cater to them.

You mean if they photoshop a pic of him in 6 months holding a newspaper you will believe it? The fake photo thing will go both ways. Some will say the US photos are a hoax and the "alive" photos are real. Others will claim the dead photos are real and the live are faked.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 5, 2011 -> 03:42 PM)

We've had reliable reports of Mexican military aircraft straying into US airspace. If they started shooting at alleged criminals on US soil, we'd care. If Candian troops raided a business on US soil and extradited someone they believed was doing something illegal, we'd care. So I'd guess Pakistan believes they are a real country with flags, holidays, police and laws and all that s***.

QUOTE (Tex @ May 5, 2011 -> 05:05 PM)
You mean if they photoshop a pic of him in 6 months holding a newspaper you will believe it? The fake photo thing will go both ways. Some will say the US photos are a hoax and the "alive" photos are real. Others will claim the dead photos are real and the live are faked.

It'd actually be interesting to see what he looked like last Friday.

QUOTE (Tex @ May 5, 2011 -> 05:05 PM)
So I'd guess Pakistan believes they are a real country with flags, holidays, police and laws and all that s***.

If Pakistan is Angry, I'd suggest the first thing they should do is turn down the $3 billion we give them in aid every year out of protest.

Otherwise, they aren't really angry.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 5, 2011 -> 04:22 PM)
If Pakistan is Angry, I'd suggest the first thing they should do is turn down the $3 billion in aid, we funnel to them from China every year, out of protest.

Fixed

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 5, 2011 -> 04:22 PM)
If Pakistan is Angry, I'd suggest the first thing they should do is turn down the $3 billion we give them in aid every year out of protest.

Otherwise, they aren't really angry.

Care = angry? The question is why would they care. But yes, I will take your bait. You can be angry at someone you care about. In fact, your parents may have been angry at you, that doesn't mean they were going to give you back to the stork.

QUOTE (Tex @ May 5, 2011 -> 10:05 PM)

We've had reliable reports of Mexican military aircraft straying into US airspace. If they started shooting at alleged criminals on US soil, we'd care. If Candian troops raided a business on US soil and extradited someone they believed was doing something illegal, we'd care. So I'd guess Pakistan believes they are a real country with flags, holidays, police and laws and all that s***.

Well then I don't "care" if they care, and no one else should. I'll only care if they choose to do something about it, which I'm sure they won't.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 5, 2011 -> 05:27 PM)
Fixed

Dude, first of all China owns less than 10% of U.S. debt, most of it is held by the Federal Reserve and private U.S. investors. Secondly, if China stopped buying U.S. debt, it'd be a good thing for the U.S. economy and a very bad thing for the Chinese manufacturing market.

What can they do?

They could give a terrorist access to a dirty bomb.

Its best that we let them sabre rattle for a little bit, because what we did was a pretty big embarrassment for their country. I dont think theyll do anything, but this is just sabre rattling to save face.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 5, 2011 -> 04:34 PM)
Well then I don't "care" if they care, and no one else should. I'll only care if they choose to do something about it, which I'm sure they won't.

I'm not certain I care either. But to invade a sovereign nation should not be taken lightly and is exactly the kind of actions that causes us to be hated around the globe. Eventually all that hate may really hurt us.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 5, 2011 -> 04:42 PM)
Dude, first of all China owns less than 10% of U.S. debt, most of it is held by the Federal Reserve and private U.S. investors. Secondly, if China stopped buying U.S. debt, it'd be a good thing for the U.S. economy and a very bad thing for the Chinese manufacturing market.

I believe the point he is making is we actually borrow that money for them.

Which is kind of interesting, if debt is so damn good for a country, why don't they just borrow it themselves?

QUOTE (Tex @ May 5, 2011 -> 06:22 PM)
I believe the point he is making is we actually borrow that money for them.

Which is kind of interesting, if debt is so damn good for a country, why don't they just borrow it themselves?

Because that would strengthen their currency, which is a bad thing for them.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 5, 2011 -> 04:42 PM)

Higher interest rates would be good for the economy?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 5, 2011 -> 08:12 PM)
Higher interest rates would be good for the economy?

No one said that, of course you're probably right that the fed would raise rates, since high unemployment is their new goal

BTW, lots of fun stories this morning, including the possibility Chicago already was a target of the train attacks, that were found in El Casa De Bin Laden, back in 2007 when an eerily similar event happened with about a dozen spikes being pulled out right in front of the bridge of a metra/south shore route over I94 on the south side/ Plus the story about the chopper potentially being a new stealth helicopter that no one knew was being built, and of course Joe Biden accidentally confirming, when no one else in the administration would, that it was indeed the Navy Seals that carried out this raid.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 6, 2011 -> 08:32 AM)
BTW, lots of fun stories this morning, including the possibility Chicago already was a target of the train attacks, that were found in El Casa De Bin Laden, back in 2007 when an eerily similar event happened with about a dozen spikes being pulled out right in front of the bridge of a metra/south shore route over I94 on the south side/ Plus the story about the chopper potentially being a new stealth helicopter that no one knew was being built, and of course Joe Biden accidentally confirming, when no one else in the administration would, that it was indeed the Navy Seals that carried out this raid.

Yeah, they are saying there is evidence of planning for a train plot - derailing by putting obstacles in the way - to be done around the 10th anniversary of 9/11.