Osama's Dead Sox Not Yet Game Thread

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 2, 2011 -> 09:30 PM)
That's not true. If he plays by any book, it's the very outdated one. It's the book that says a lefty always hits better against a righty and that you always want your lefty pitching to left-handed hitters.

You mean like leaving Ohman in to face more than just lefties. He needs to pick his spots better and I don't always agree with it bit someone will complain no matter what he does.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2011 -> 09:31 PM)
How is complaining about our god awful success rate when stealing stretching for something?

As i already stated. When an offense is in a piss poor slump it is important to advance a runner in any way possible. I would rather try too steal second with a 50% success rate(given a decent steal situation) than hope that someone hitting in the low 200s and a singles hitter, hitting for extra bases. Everything the guy does seems to be the wrong way 2 many people. I will tell you what i will keep Ozzie over more than half the other s*** managers out there coaching atm.

Doesn't matter. When the status quo isn't working try something different. Even if the Sox win it doesn't change that the offense is struggling. Don't focus on one game focus on the big picture of getting the offense going.

I saw 2 hits come tumbling in after Konerko's HR.

Guess how many I saw after each of Ozzie 2 out steal attempts?

Anyway - I'm not saying I want to see guys swing for the fences. But, stop taking the bat out of the hands of other guys who can hit.

f***ing aggravating.... and THAT is what is not working.

Edited by Andrew

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2011 -> 09:34 PM)
Sox are 12-26 stealing this season

Just another part of the awful offense this year just like the team BA and OBP, so waiting for a hit isn't likely either. This is why you need to continue to try different things.

QUOTE (ptatc @ May 2, 2011 -> 09:36 PM)
You mean like leaving Ohman in to face more than just lefties. He needs to pick his spots better and I don't always agree with it bit someone will complain no matter what he does.

You have to judge it by the individual player. So I assume you're trying to refute my point by mentioning that he hasn't played that game with Ohman. As I recall, Ohman is one of those guys whose numbers against lefties are great, but they're terrible against righties over his career. With a guy like him, you do go strictly by the old-fashioned book.

QUOTE (Andrew @ May 2, 2011 -> 09:36 PM)

Anyway - I'm not saying I want to see guys swing for the fences. But, stop taking the bat out of the hands of other guys who can hit.

Where did you come from? You've been around since 2008 but never posted, and suddenly you're all over and I like it.

QUOTE (Andrew @ May 2, 2011 -> 09:36 PM)

Neither is waiting for a hit. The average and OBP are awful as well.

QUOTE (ptatc @ May 2, 2011 -> 09:38 PM)
Just another part of the awful offense this year just like the team BA and OBP, so waiting for a hit isn't likely either. This is why you need to continue to try different things.

Ozzie having guys make outs on the basepaths isn't anything new or different.

ptatc, I totally agree with you about changing things up. However, it seems far too often our hitters aren't protecting the runners on high fastballs that make it easy to throw out our runners. I'm a huge fan of hit and runs, and think we have a lot of guys who can excel at it.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 2, 2011 -> 09:43 PM)
ptatc, I totally agree with you about changing things up. However, it seems far too often our hitters aren't protecting the runners on high fastballs that make it easy to throw out our runners. I'm a huge fan of hit and runs, and think we have a lot of guys who can excel at it.

I agree with this, but then how is it Ozzie's fault?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 3, 2011 -> 03:48 AM)
Just another White Sox prospect who was depended on to produce immediately and couldn't do it.

His mechanics tonight were terrible. He was all over the place.

Stop with the predictable green light to guys with 2 outs

Yes.

And that speaks to the elevated pitches and CS'es... Actually, I think I've seen us get caught on at least 5 pitch outs too, so far.

Edited by Andrew