The Rosenblog

kitekrazy

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 2, 2011 -> 05:54 PM)
If it were Minnesota or Detroit they were 10 games behind, I may consider it a lost cause, but its Cleveland and KC. I just cannot believe they can't make 10 games up on them, and they are 2.5 behind Detroit. That's one series.

These are my feelings. I'm down on this team, as I think pretty much everybody should be. But this gives reason for hope.

I do think the Indians are going to hit. They have a very underrated offense. But that pitching is bound to regress.

As for the Royals, they are going to be a legit threat, and possibly powerhouse reminiscent of the mid-90's Indians in a best case (for them) scenario. But not this year.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 3, 2011 -> 01:06 AM)
Jerry Owens? Were you describing two guys there or just one?

There is just the one fast black guy that played WR at UCLA that also played for the White Sox, and that would be the one and only Jerry Owens.

He transferred to The Masters College to focus on baseball, as I recall.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 3, 2011 -> 01:31 AM)
There is just the one fast black guy that played WR at UCLA that also played for the White Sox, and that would be the one and only Jerry Owens.

He was drafted out of The Masters, I remember that much.

2nd round by the Expos I think. Traded for a guy whose name I can't remember that was once highly touted out of the Indians org, and he promptly killed it in AA and got all our hopes up.

QUOTE (Pale Sox @ May 3, 2011 -> 01:34 AM)
He was drafted out of The Masters, I remember that much.

2nd round by the Expos I think. Traded for a guy whose name I can't remember that was once highly touted out of the Indians org, and he promptly killed it in AA and got all our hopes up.

I think it was OF Alex Escobar, who we'd just claimed and never even ended up playing in our system.

QUOTE (Andrew @ May 2, 2011 -> 08:59 PM)
I'm probably not, but you DID say you loved reading every word of the article...

I wouldn't have lined the cat box with it.

:)

Why would you line a cat box, and why would you use newspaper? Just asking.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 3, 2011 -> 02:31 AM)

Yes, but I couldn't tell if there were two consecutive descriptions or just one long one.