5.2 Games

bighurt4life

QUOTE (danman31 @ May 2, 2011 -> 05:34 PM)
Escobar went yard!

Dawkins and Escobar have gone back to back twice in a row. That's gotta be some stat geek's wet dream right there, the 8 and 9 hitters going back to back on back to back plate appearances.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 2, 2011 -> 08:12 PM)
Danks went deep too. 2-3 with a homer and only 1 K.

Haha only 1 K. I gotta admit, I'm reading his numbers the same way. "Ooo he didn't strike out today," or "Nice, Danks didn't K a lot today." Sadly 1 is still bad, but seems good.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 2, 2011 -> 07:36 PM)
Gac with his 8th HR. I wonder if he gets a called up to AA any time soon, or if the Sox let him rake at High-A and then trade him at some point since 1B is blocked for a while now.

Gac isn't really a prospect nor will he have much trade value. A 25 year old in High-A is pretty much an organizational guy.

QUOTE (danman31 @ May 2, 2011 -> 08:27 PM)
Haha only 1 K. I gotta admit, I'm reading his numbers the same way. "Ooo he didn't strike out today," or "Nice, Danks didn't K a lot today." Sadly 1 is still bad, but seems good.

LOL, that was part of the joke. He has played better recently, but I think we are going to have to see this for quite a while before he can regain any projectability to the major leagues.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ May 2, 2011 -> 10:28 PM)
Gac isn't really a prospect nor will he have much trade value. A 25 year old in High-A is pretty much an organizational guy.

I know he is not a prospect, but you should still reward players for great play. And like I said, if they are't planning on promoting him, I hope they are just going to let him dominate the lower levels and then trade him somewhere where he can get a chance.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 2, 2011 -> 11:51 PM)
I know he is not a prospect, but you should still reward players for great play. And like I said, if they are't planning on promoting him, I hope they are just going to let him dominate the lower levels and then trade him somewhere where he can get a chance.

Well nobody would trade for him where he would get a chance. He'd be granted minor league free agency.

He's Tom Collaro. He doesn't walk and he strikes out a bunch. If he ever gets to AAA, he's probably a .200/.250/.350 kind of player.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 3, 2011 -> 12:26 AM)
Well nobody would trade for him where he would get a chance. He'd be granted minor league free agency.

He's Tom Collaro. He doesn't walk and he strikes out a bunch. If he ever gets to AAA, he's probably a .200/.250/.350 kind of player.

Thomas Collaro is a mongoloid and an a$$hole, I doubt Ian Gac is that bad.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 3, 2011 -> 12:42 AM)
Thomas Collaro is a mongoloid and an a$$hole, I doubt Ian Gac is that bad.

Ha, I'm sure he's a much better person.

If it makes anybody feel better, Tom Collaro finished 7th in the Golden Baseball League in home runs last year. Of course, Julio Ramirez and Larry Bigbie were stars - Ramirez put up a .322/.411/.576/.987 line with 18 homers, and Bigbie put up .403/.500/.732/1.232 with 16 homers.

Fun tidbits.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 3, 2011 -> 02:01 AM)
Ha, I'm sure he's a much better person.

If it makes anybody feel better, Tom Collaro finished 7th in the Golden Baseball League in home runs last year. Of course, Julio Ramirez and Larry Bigbie were stars - Ramirez put up a .322/.411/.576/.987 line with 18 homers, and Bigbie put up .403/.500/.732/1.232 with 16 homers.

Fun tidbits.

I'm sure Tommy boy was number 1 in lowest IQ. We gave him the nickname "Mongo" while he was in B'ham.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 3, 2011 -> 12:26 AM)

Wow Collaro is a name that completely faded out of my mind. Gac certainly walks more than Collaro.

QUOTE (danman31 @ May 3, 2011 -> 03:03 PM)
Wow Collaro is a name that completely faded out of my mind. Gac certainly walks more than Collaro.

To be fair, I think you or I would walk more than Collaro. We might strike out less too.

Edited by witesoxfan