Battle of the Bottom Dwellers: Twins vs. Sox @ 7:10

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 3, 2011 -> 08:44 PM)
Haha, that's possible, but I actually thought yesterday's against Guthrie was good for the Sox. Good fastball, good control, so-so breaking stuff, prone to making mistakes...seems like about the only kind of guy the Sox can hit right now.

I think Pavano would be a better matchup for the Sox right now, though that sinker scares me too.

that's the thing with twins pitching, they rarely make mistakes in the zone, our pitchers do pretty frequently'

they dont leave sliders over the middle of the plate, they bounce in the dirt or are way inside or outside off the corner, fastballs are in or out, or up or down

Edited by Real

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 3, 2011 -> 08:45 PM)
I can't figure out if I would like to see us get no-hit, to nationally embarrass this offense and get some more talk about firing Walker, or just get 1-hit so we are't national news, but still means we are awful at hitting.

Thoughts?

No hit or not, I doubt anything would change because of it..

And man, what a wasted start by EJax.. he gets back on track and they couldnt hit water if they fell out of a boat, man..

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 4, 2011 -> 01:45 AM)
That was a weak ground ball, but damn Alexei is good. He barely moved to get that. Pretty sure the last White Sox shortstop would have had to dive to get to that and almost certainly would have come up short.

He has shown lots of defensive talent for sure

I can't figure out if I would like to see us get no-hit, to nationally embarrass this offense and get some more talk about firing Walker, or just get 1-hit so we are't national news, but still means we are awful at hitting.

Thoughts?

I told my dad, a huge Twins fan who is as pissed at the Twins as this board is at the Sox, that Liriano would throw a 6 BB no hitter in about the 2nd inning.

I'm looking pretty good on that so far.

Oh, and I don't care. With how terrible Liriano looks, and the fact that he's throwing a no-hitter, something needs to give.

Thoughts?

depends on if the 1-hit gives us a win or not, if it's just a measley 2-out single, then f*** it, i want the no-no

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 3, 2011 -> 08:48 PM)
Something needs to be changed regardless of what happens tonight, unless the Sox win 10+ games in a row, they just need to do something, even if I believe its purely cosmetic.

No doubt. It's long overdue.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 3, 2011 -> 08:46 PM)
We really need to find a way to get Lillibridge and Viciedo's bat into the lineup against LHP.

ozzie made it very clear at Cork & Carey's or however you spell it, two days ago, Viciedo is not gonna be on this team this year barring an injury to somebody, he said Viciedo is not ready