Battle of the Bottom Dwellers: Twins vs. Sox @ 7:10

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 3, 2011 -> 07:22 PM)
He's terrible right now (Liriano). He has no command, and has only made a few good pitches. As soon as someone gets on base for the Sox, it seems all patience goes away.

You're absolutely right, he has been terrible, and maybe he is terrible today (I'm at work, not watching), but don't make it sound as though this guy isn't capable of what he's doing right now...

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 3, 2011 -> 08:24 PM)
it's starting to feel like a no-no

Good, the front office won't be able to ignore this suckfest for long if we continue to struggle followed by getting shutout+no hit.

They can talk all they want right now about how nobody is in danger of losing their jobs, but it's just bulls*** talk to make the team feel no pressure. The reality is, s*** will hit the fan if this team keeps sucking and people WILL be dealt and fired, that's just a fact.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 4, 2011 -> 02:27 AM)
You're absolutely right, he has been terrible, and maybe he is terrible today (I'm at work, not watching), but don't make it sound as though this guy isn't capable of what he's doing right now...

This is a shell of Liriano. I've been watching since the 2nd inning, and I don't think he's thrown consecutive pitches in the strike zone.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 4, 2011 -> 01:27 AM)
After tommorrows game they head to spacious Safeco Field and face some pitcher named Felix on Friday

I will be at SAFECO and not real happy we will be facing Felix

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 4, 2011 -> 01:29 AM)
This is honestly the worst Twins lineup I've seen in over 10 years.

But it appears so far it is good enough to beat us. Liriano came in to this game with an ERA over 9 and he has us no-hit through 5. What's up with that?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 3, 2011 -> 08:25 PM)
This is what EJax's 8-walk no-no must have looked like

I think it was in 08 where Dontrelle Willis had the ugliest no hitter going against us through 5 innings or so until we finally broke through and ended up winning the game. I can't see how good or bad Liriano is pitching, but hopefully we can break through in the 6th again.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 3, 2011 -> 08:31 PM)
But it appears so far it is good enough to beat us. Liriano came in to this game with an ERA over 9 and he has us no-hit through 5. What's up with that?

Just tip your cap!

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ May 3, 2011 -> 08:31 PM)
I think it was in 08 where Dontrelle Willis had the ugliest no hitter going against us through 5 innings or so until we finally broke through and ended up winning the game. I can't see how good or bad Liriano is pitching, but hopefully we can break through in the 6th again.

he isn't pitching nearly as poorly as Dontrelle was that game

Just checking inand see on gameday that Kubel homered for the games only run. This seems to be the common thread in our games. We pitch pretty good but our guys give up that long ball. Now on the other hand we face pitchers who have struggled and make them look like Cy Yound

QUOTE (fathom @ May 3, 2011 -> 07:28 PM)
This is a shell of Liriano. I've been watching since the 2nd inning, and I don't think he's thrown consecutive pitches in the strike zone.

That's not something he's done even when he's dominated us in the past. That slider is never in the zone, yet we can never lay off it.