Battle of the Bottom Dwellers: Twins vs. Sox @ 7:10

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just a bad matchup for the White Sox right now. Liriano hasn't been around the strikezone, but he's been around it enough for the hitters to swing, and because he's been so erratic, they can't do anything with those pitches.

Alexei has looked by far the best against Liriano, and even he hasn't looked that good.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2011 -> 01:38 AM)
Sweet, Alexei chases the same 3-2 pitch that Beckham did. And shack, just trust me...Liriano has nothing on these pitches.

Are we that bad then? I admit I watched a game recently where it just seemed they had no energy at all. No drive.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 3, 2011 -> 08:39 PM)
This is just a bad matchup for the White Sox right now. Liriano hasn't been around the strikezone, but he's been around it enough for the hitters to swing, and because he's been so erratic, they can't do anything with those pitches.

Alexei has looked by far the best against Liriano, and even he hasn't looked that good.

:lolhitting

Every matchup is a bad one for us if you haven't noticed.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 4, 2011 -> 02:39 AM)
Are we that bad then? I admit I watched a game recently where it just seemed they had no energy at all. No drive.

Yes, we're playing terrible baseball right now. No one seems to have a plan at the plate. Does Dunn really expect to get a 3-2 fastball with a base open? My great grandma could have predicted that slider...and she's been dead for 20 years.

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ May 3, 2011 -> 08:37 PM)
No Hitter. No Hitter. Liriano's pitching a no-hitter!

Hoping for a jinx.

No such things as jinxes

UNLESS YOU ARE A CUBS FAN

/kidding...try what you need to

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 3, 2011 -> 08:41 PM)
:lolhitting

Every matchup is a bad one for us if you haven't noticed.

Haha, that's possible, but I actually thought yesterday's against Guthrie was good for the Sox. Good fastball, good control, so-so breaking stuff, prone to making mistakes...seems like about the only kind of guy the Sox can hit right now.

I think Pavano would be a better matchup for the Sox right now, though that sinker scares me too.

That was a weak ground ball, but damn Alexei is good. He barely moved to get that. Pretty sure the last White Sox shortstop would have had to dive to get to that and almost certainly would have come up short.