f*** this b**** ass mother f***ing team

Texsox

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ May 3, 2011 -> 10:08 PM)
I feel lucky. I'm out of the viewing area so I don't get a chance to see how bad they really are.

I'm in the area, but thank god I work the night shift. Only thing they update on is Chicago teams in the playoffs. (so only Bulls updates right now)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Hawkfan @ May 4, 2011 -> 09:10 AM)
Back up the truck!! Turn this place into a parking lot! haha I'm giving them two more weeks, then I have to make a judgment on the quality of this team

You missed about 1/2 of the quote.

QUOTE (since56 @ May 4, 2011 -> 12:55 PM)
Don't give up! Don't ever give up!! Our Sox will rise again!!!

Rah-Rah Sis Boom Bah GO SOX! Kind of hard to believe we have the worse record in baseball, but that will make it that much better when we turn this thing around and win the whole enchillada

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 4, 2011 -> 03:20 AM)
It will be interesting to see who's the first to go:

1) Walker

2) Tony Pena

3) Beckham

4) Brent Morel

5) Pierre to bench

If I had to guess..

1) Brent Morel

2) Tony Pena

3) Beckham

4) Walker

5) Pierre to bench

I just have a hard time believing any more any lineup with Pierre and AJP and Morel and Dunn is ever going to win anything.

Those 4 guys are pretty miserable hitters. They are abysmal hitters.

I'd find a way to dump all four and work from there.

I'd add Beckham and Lexi to the list, but they can get good in a hurry when they are on hot streaks.

Edited by greg775

Three things last night that rubbed me the wrong way:

3. Beckham swinging at the first pitch & hitting into a double play.

2. Adam Dunn giving a bat to a fan or friend during the 4or5 th inning last night.

1. Matt Thorton & walking out of the Dugout after Beckham made a great hustle play. Beckham, Alexei , Carlos, & Paulie ran to the dugout & he didn't give him or any other of the guys as much as a high five, knuckles, the finger, nothing.He just acted like he was too cool & didn't want to be RAH, RAH or something like that. The play should of merit some acknowledgement by Thorton.

That attitude is what is missing. When the Twinkies make plays, they hustle off the field & high five each other. As we know they don't have much to be excited about this season, but at least they seem to care about the team. Jessie Crain walked out after Thorton, but he gave some five's to the guys.

After sitting on the Dugout for the game last night one thing occurred to me, this team is full of individuals whose focus is on trying to look cool & collect a check. I realize the none written code of basebal, & that pitchers & fielders have their clicks, but get real. Act like a team!!

Ozzie should make them wear white sox shirts & sweatshirts off the field, so they can stop acting like they are too cool to represent the team off & on the field!! Bottom line, these guys look out of touch from where they are record-wise.

Edited by soxfan-kwman

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (OilCan @ May 25, 2011 -> 06:17 PM)
Bump. I was actually looking for the FIRE OZZIE OR FIRE KW THREADS, but this will do.

It's amazing that we're only 5 games under. We're getting replacement or below replacement level production at DH, CF, LF, 2B and C. That's a lot of suckage on one team. But Greg Walker is still a great hitting coach.

QUOTE (OilCan @ May 25, 2011 -> 06:35 PM)
J4L, those WAR stats are depressing me, pal...WHERE'S MY EXTRA ZOLOFT?!?

It's baffling.

Dunn's wOBA: .308 (third worst among DHs).

Beckham's wOBA: .284 (that's Chris Getz bad).

Rios' wOBA: .266 (worst among all CFs with the required PAs).

AJ's wOBA: .282 (tied for the worst among all qualified catchers).

Juan Pierre: No explanation necessary. You don't need any kinda stat to recognize how bad he is.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 4, 2011 -> 03:29 AM)
Gene Lamont led the White Sox to an AL West crown in 1993. In 1994 he had the White Sox in first place in the newly formed AL Central when the strike hit. JR still talks about how that team would have won the World Series. In 1995. when the Sox gave away Jack McDowell, and had a done John Kruk and Chris Sabo DHing, Lamont was fired after 31 games with the Sox sporting an 11-20 record, and was replaced by Terry Bevington. The Sox current record is 11-20.

I think Jack McDowell might breath some passion into this team. Let's sign him to a free agent contract

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 25, 2011 -> 08:13 PM)
I think Jack McDowell might breath some passion into this team. Let's sign him to a free agent contract

Blackjack was awesome, sad his carrer didn't turn out better, but nothingless when he was with us, he was good, had a lot of guts

Edited by JoshPR

QUOTE (JoshPR @ May 25, 2011 -> 07:21 PM)
Blackjack was awesome, sad his carrer didn't turn out better, but nothingless when he was with us, he was good, had a lot of guts

That '94 team was special. I know Kalapse thinks they're overrated. Hell with that. If they had finished that season out, they were at least in the Series. That team was loaded. Led by the best offensive player (that's never cheated) that I've ever seen. For that one year, anyway.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ May 25, 2011 -> 08:08 PM)
Julio Franco was having a he'll of a season too. Actually that was somewhat of an off season for blackjack

He was the difference. Who was it in '93? Bo Jackson and George Bell protecting Frank? Once you had to actually pitch to Frank (relatively speaking), it was curtains for the game of baseball. He was just too good. I wish Hammerhead would post more so I could read that SI quote.

I think Ventura hit 4th a lot, George bell fell outta favor with gene Lamont, Bo Jackson steped up and had like 20 homers in 282 at bats or something, I know he struck out over 100 times too.