f*** this b**** ass mother f***ing team

Texsox

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 25, 2011 -> 06:29 PM)
It's amazing that we're only 5 games under. We're getting replacement or below replacement level production at DH, CF, LF, 2B and C. That's a lot of suckage on one team. But Greg Walker is still a great hitting coach.

Pitching is still the most important variable in baseball and our pitching is pretty good. That is why we are only slightly below .500.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 25, 2011 -> 07:28 PM)
That '94 team was special. I know Kalapse thinks they're overrated. Hell with that. If they had finished that season out, they were at least in the Series. That team was loaded. Led by the best offensive player (that's never cheated) that I've ever seen. For that one year, anyway.

That team was good but I think the Expos were better.

QUOTE (Bighurt52235 @ May 26, 2011 -> 12:09 AM)
I miss the Expos. Hard to believe its only been six seasons since they were in Montreal. I wonder if it would be cool to get a Bryce Harper Expos jersey?

meh, baseball in Canada is weird

QUOTE (ptatc @ May 25, 2011 -> 07:58 PM)
Pitching is still the most important variable in baseball and our pitching is pretty good. That is why we are only slightly below .500.

This is what's KILLING me! Our starting pitching is freakin' awesome and we're squandering one great start after another.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 26, 2011 -> 09:38 AM)
This is what's KILLING me! Our starting pitching is freakin' awesome and we're squandering one great start after another.

Of course, as soon as they start hitting, the starting pitching will go in a slump too. Then they will lose 8-6 instead of 2-1.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 26, 2011 -> 03:39 PM)
Of course, as soon as they start hitting, the starting pitching will go in a slump too. Then they will lose 8-6 instead of 2-1.

Exactly, that's why I say we have a s***ty team and get fried for it.

It's a really dysfunctional unit the past couple seasons and Ozzie has deserved to get the boot for it.

I think Oz is a good manager but something is amyss. Probably the fact he's been here so long and guys are loafing and going through the motions, Rios the likely candidate to be leading the loaf brigade. Adam is all fat n happy with his new deal. He ought to get in shape. If losing 15 pounds stifles his power ... well losing 15 pounds won't stifle his power.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (JoshPR @ May 26, 2011 -> 02:39 AM)
I think Ventura hit 4th a lot, George bell fell outta favor with gene Lamont, Bo Jackson steped up and had like 20 homers in 282 at bats or something, I know he struck out over 100 times too.

Those days were pretty special. I remember how in one game Robin hit a grand slam homer to win the game and Frank was waiting at home plate and lifted him on his shoulders. The line from ESPN was Robin and his Merry Men are at it Again

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 26, 2011 -> 04:07 PM)
Those days were pretty special. I remember how in one game Robin hit a grand slam homer to win the game and Frank was waiting at home plate and lifted him on his shoulders. The line from ESPN was Robin and his Merry Men are at it Again

Off of Goose Gossage. Pre-2005 that was one of my all-time favorite baseball moments.

I remember those years vividly, me being a lil older than most, those teams had great pitchers they were just one hitter away from getting over the hump, robin was one of my all-time favorites, I was realizing I couldn't play anymore, but I wanted to be like Ventura

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 27, 2011 -> 10:08 PM)
The All In slogan should be mocked every single day.

The team hasn't sniffed .500 since the first week or 10 days.

that's because they're a bad baseball team with bad management and coaching

QUOTE (Real @ May 28, 2011 -> 06:33 AM)
that's because they're a bad baseball team with bad management and coaching

I agree, so shelve the slogan. No matter what happens the rest of the way, we weren't truly All In. Record will be too pedestrian for that.