I aint even mad

Nokona

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, me neither. Not that anyone cares, but I've emotionally checked out on this team. Sure, they can suck me back in with a 25-5 stretch, but I just don't believe in the organization right now. I'll be watching games now to enjoy Santos, Humber, and hope to see improvements from Beckham/Quentin/Rios/Dunn/Sale/Floyd/Morel

I'm pretty much cooled down...I think we all had the 7-8-9th innings to get mentally prepared for the outcome. I think it was pretty apparent that we weren't gonna get a hit.

We've been flirting with being no hit for a few years now...it was just a matter of time until it finally happened. It's not the least bit shocking/suprising that this happened, which I think makes it easier to accept.

I was dreading the feeling of being no-hit. It happened, I cleaned my room, and I now I couldn't care less. I'm about to read and I feel oddly great.

And let it be known I was watching the Twins broadcast on the Internet. How did Hawk take it?

Edited by Paint it Black

I really dont care anymore about baseball or this team. Baseball is now where the NBA stands, I'll watch the playoffs or if I'm betting a particular game. It isnt worth my time or energy to care for such a crap product. This team sucks so what is to gain by following the PBP or watching the games I do get on WGN?

I'm really lost as a fan now. There was a time when the Sox were by far my favorite team even though football is my favorite sport to watch. I would run my cell battery dead watching the PBP every night, even if we were way out of it in August/September in the early 2000s. Now I dont even bother to follow it on my cell. Tonight I turned on espn.com from my cell in the 8th inning and I laughed. I kinda was rooting for the no-hitter because I thought it would be more entertaining to read this site after that then if the Sox were able to come back to beat the Twins.

I even tried watching a Rays game in hopes that would energize my interest in baseball. I was thinking that they are somewhat local( only 75 minutes from me) and they are on tv every night now that FSN has expanded its Florida market (up until about 4 years ago, the Rays were shown about 1-2x a week in Orlando) but I was still bored. I know I'll still look at the standings and highlights and I will def. watch the playoffs but I think I need a break from baseball. It is sad I'm saying this because it's only May and we're still 3+ months away from football. It's going to be a long summer...

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ May 3, 2011 -> 10:09 PM)
I was dreading the feeling of being no-hit. It happened, I cleaned my room, and I now I couldn't care less. I'm about to read and I feel oddly great.

And let it be known I was watching the Twins broadcast on the Internet. How did Hawk take it?

Hawk took a sick day.

Good thing too or he probably would have died tonight.

I'm real mad. I've got tickets to see all three games in Seattle this weekend and I WAS excited about this about a month ago. Now, ugh. I might just wear my Mariners hat and pretend to not be a Sox fan. I'm really pissed!! Day after day goes by of this sh*t and they do NOTHING about it.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 3, 2011 -> 09:59 PM)
Seriously, me neither. Not that anyone cares, but I've emotionally checked out on this team. Sure, they can suck me back in with a 25-5 stretch, but I just don't believe in the organization right now. I'll be watching games now to enjoy Santos, Humber, and hope to see improvements from Beckham/Quentin/Rios/Dunn/Sale/Floyd/Morel

In a weird way, I'm actually relieved that the Sox are this bad early on. I can dedicate the time I would have spent watching the Sox to more productive things.

I liken this team (and many others in the past 15 years) to the f***-up that each and every one of us knows. The guy or girl who has the attributes (brains, looks, personality) to lead a productive and successful life, but for whatever reason can't get their s*** together. A textbook example of wasted potential. Your feelings towards this person tend to progress in this fashion:

frustration-->disappointment-->indifference

And that is pretty much where I am at with the 2011 White Sox.

QUOTE (zenryan @ May 3, 2011 -> 10:10 PM)
I really dont care anymore about baseball or this team. Baseball is now where the NBA stands, I'll watch the playoffs or if I'm betting a particular game. It isnt worth my time or energy to care for such a crap product. This team sucks so what is to gain by following the PBP or watching the games I do get on WGN?

I'm really lost as a fan now. There was a time when the Sox were by far my favorite team even though football is my favorite sport to watch. I would run my cell battery dead watching the PBP every night, even if we were way out of it in August/September in the early 2000s. Now I dont even bother to follow it on my cell. Tonight I turned on espn.com from my cell in the 8th inning and I laughed. I kinda was rooting for the no-hitter because I thought it would be more entertaining to read this site after that then if the Sox were able to come back to beat the Twins.

I even tried watching a Rays game in hopes that would energize my interest in baseball. I was thinking that they are somewhat local( only 75 minutes from me) and they are on tv every night now that FSN has expanded its Florida market (up until about 4 years ago, the Rays were shown about 1-2x a week in Orlando) but I was still bored. I know I'll still look at the standings and highlights and I will def. watch the playoffs but I think I need a break from baseball. It is sad I'm saying this because it's only May and we're still 3+ months away from football. It's going to be a long summer...

I moved out to AZ in the Summer and I don;'t have the interest in sports like I use to. I'm a Colts fan and that team was so bad I didn't even watch them on TV. So my hopes lied in the Sox and Blackhawks. The Blackhawks put on a tease. So I don't get to watch them on Nat'l TV. Now the Sox are a disappointment. There's no way in hell I could sit through a Phoenix Cardinal game. I've turned on a Diamondback's game only to watch an inning or two. It really wouldn't bother me if the NFL is put on hold next season.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 3, 2011 -> 09:59 PM)

This.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 3, 2011 -> 10:03 PM)
I'm pretty much cooled down...I think we all had the 7-8-9th innings to get mentally prepared for the outcome. I think it was pretty apparent that we weren't gonna get a hit.

We've been flirting with being no hit for a few years now...it was just a matter of time until it finally happened. It's not the least bit shocking/suprising that this happened, which I think makes it easier to accept.

Also very true on all accounts.

This may be it. I have been on the fence to cancel the rest of the season for my MLB package and this may be the last straw. It would be different if they were even the least bit fun to watch, but they aren't. The only reason I haven't cancelled is because of last year's mid season run. I'm coming to Chicago in June and I think for the first time, I'm not going to go to a game. I don't get how a team can be this blah and boring.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 4, 2011 -> 03:52 AM)
Have the Sox done less with a championship season than any other baseball team in recent memory?

Good question, but with each passing year, it makes me appreciate 2005 even more. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, went right for us and we capitalized on those breaks. It was definitely a fluke, but not in a bad way. We deserved the World Series that year as much as any team has in a long time.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 3, 2011 -> 10:55 PM)
Good question, but with each passing year, it makes me appreciate 2005 even more. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, went right for us and we capitalized on those breaks. It was definitely a fluke, but not in a bad way. We deserved the World Series that year as much as any team has in a long time.

I agree with that. This team seemed to have just so much potential going forward from 2005. I can't recall a single other team going from the best in one year to just about the worst only two years later. And it's been nothing but utter disappointments since then.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 3, 2011 -> 08:52 PM)
Have the Sox done less with a championship season than any other baseball team in recent memory?

1997 Marlins, 2003 Marlins, 2002 Angels (I mean they made the playoffs a lot after but bottom out every time, and I'm sure their fanbase is pretty pissed about it ) Took the Yankees almost 10 years to finally buy another championship, I'm sure that was frustrating for all the spoiled-ass Yankee fans....

I really haven't been that engaged with this team since spring. It's partly due to just how distant i am from them up here in New England and it's also due in large part to how big of a Bulls fan i've become. I'm never going to stop rooting for these guys, but if there was ever a time to have checked out from this team it's this year.