All In The Twins Ass; 5/4/2011 Gamethread

Quin

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 4, 2011 -> 02:20 PM)
that's what I mean, it's red meat to fans. My point is that it's not going to turn around the season.

The sooner he is not around it is addition plus subtraction.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm usually not a guy to go all stupid and overreact, but I really have to say, its pissing me off that the Sox are trying to steal at such a high rate. Its obviously, painfully, not working. I think the great majority of players are either no good at it and should never try it, or, be pure opportunists. By opportunists, I mean, if you see that the pitcher or defense is clearly falling asleep on you, and/or a catcher is struggling mightily, then sure, steal the very occasional base. Then there are the 5% of players good enough at it to make it a strategic part of their game plan... but even in their cases, they need to see when they are not getting it done and dial it back.

This f***ing Ozzie-ball, stealing for the sake of stealing all the damn time, is just plain stupid. They are giving away way too many runners. Time to tell the whole team to just dial it back to near-zero for the time being, or just do a few hit-and-runs, until they can slowly warm back up into it.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 4, 2011 -> 12:20 PM)
that's what I mean, it's red meat to fans. My point is that it's not going to turn around the season.

Of course it probably would not turn around the season but good god, something has to be done. You have to start somewhere. And the offense has been rather inept, don't you think? Teams that hit this poorly get rid of their hitting coaches all the time.

Edited by BigEdWalsh

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ May 4, 2011 -> 12:24 PM)
Of course it probably would not turn around the season but good god, something has to be done. You have to start somewhere. And the offense has been rather inept, don't you think?

oh yes, i agree and would love to see some changes. But I just don't think it's going to make any difference.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2011 -> 02:25 PM)
This is truly the worst managed team I've seen in baseball in a long time. Terrible fundamentals and strategy all around. This has to be Ozzie's last game.

I'm pretty much done with Ozzie at this point myself. Not because the offense isnt' hitting, that's not his problem. But because of the stupid f***ing fundamentally awful coaching, plus his side show distractions. I've officially jumped off the Ozzie train.