All In The Twins Ass; 5/4/2011 Gamethread

Quin

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jphat007 @ May 4, 2011 -> 06:47 PM)
Iman staying in the draft? WTF?

Yeah, sounds like Bulls told him they'll take him with one of their two late first round picks. He was always a 3 years and leave guy. Great person/teammate/student...I wish the best for him.

TRADE RIOS NOW!!!

Funny to see how many Twins' fans wanted him (Liriano) traded after the no-hitter. Interesting reaction, showing their impatience. I guess we'd say the same thing if Edwin Jackson's next outing produced the same result, assuming we'd lost another 3-4 in a row.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 4, 2011 -> 06:48 PM)
Alex Rios is back!!!!!!!

No seriously, I hope he continues to show power and can have respectable numbers by June.

Indeed! He's not going anywhere, so need to root for best for him.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2011 -> 01:49 PM)
Yeah, sounds like Bulls told him they'll take him with one of their two late first round picks. He was always a 3 years and leave guy. Great person/teammate/student...I wish the best for him.

Umm...

Couldn't find anything about Martin being fired mid-game.

Martin's sparring opponents as a manager also included two traveling secretaries (Minnesota's Howard Fox and Texas' Burt Hawkins) in a fight outside of Howard Wong's in Bloomington, Minnesota; Jack Sears, a fan outside Tiger Stadium; a Chicago cab driver who preferred soccer to baseball; sportswriter Ray Hagar, in a Reno indoor arena bar; marshmallow salesman Joseph Cooper; two bar patrons, in Anaheim and in Baltimore; and two bouncers in an Arlington topless bar.

wikipedia.com

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 4, 2011 -> 11:54 AM)
Saw on ESPN that Liraino had the second highest ERA of all time for a pitcher to throw a no-hitter (minuimum 3 starts) and the only one in teh top six since 1953.

That is so f***ing embarrassing.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 4, 2011 -> 11:56 AM)
Couldn't find anything about Martin being fired mid-game.

Martin's sparring opponents as a manager also included two traveling secretaries (Minnesota's Howard Fox and Texas' Burt Hawkins) in a fight outside of Howard Wong's in Bloomington, Minnesota; Jack Sears, a fan outside Tiger Stadium; a Chicago cab driver who preferred soccer to baseball; sportswriter Ray Hagar, in a Reno indoor arena bar; marshmallow salesman Joseph Cooper; two bar patrons, in Anaheim and in Baltimore; and two bouncers in an Arlington topless bar.

wikipedia.com

Marshmallow salesman?! Wtf?

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ May 4, 2011 -> 02:01 PM)
Dunn seems to think his job is to take a damn walk...

I dont see why they all didnt just wait to get walked last night, at least we might have scored a run even with no hits