All In The Twins Ass; 5/4/2011 Gamethread

Quin

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 4, 2011 -> 07:18 PM)
D the cubs really think Pena is going to start butting bombs just because he had one last night? You better drop some hgh in his coffee

He's been swinging better lately...when wind is howling out at Wrigley, he'll be a monster but he's pretty worthless on the road.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ May 4, 2011 -> 02:15 PM)
2011 Sox BABIP is insanely low.

That is because they swing at s*** pitches that are not hit hard. BABIP to me is a stupid stat as good hitters will have a high average becasue they are good hitters and hit the ball hard consistently and do not pop out on the inifeld or hit the chopper two hopper. A good hitter fouls off tough pitches and looks for a pitch to drive. bad hitters swing at the first strike they see and weakly hit it in play for a neasy out. This is what I call giving away at-bats. The Sox do that far more than the opposition under Greg Walker and Ozzie Guillen.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 4, 2011 -> 12:10 PM)
When the hitting coach has been inept since June 2006 and still has a job in 2011 it makes a difference to me.

that's what I mean, it's red meat to fans. My point is that it's not going to turn around the season.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 4, 2011 -> 02:18 PM)
D the cubs really think Pena is going to start butting bombs just because he had one last night? You better drop some hgh in his coffee

well they do have him hitting 8th

Between Pierre getting picked off (DJ still claiming a balk), Quentin on the DP, Vizquel here (missed hit and run sign?)...we obviously can really afford to just give up outs (in addition to the bunting) all over the basepaths.

UGH.

More CS than steals, too. Ridonkulous.