My 5 year grace period has expired...

Steve9347

2005 is now 5+ seasons away. Kenny is out of control and keeps trying to patch a roster that really hasn't worked since the middle of 2006. I'm not giving up on this season, but if trends continue through May and we're still, oh I don't know, the worst f***ing team in baseball being no-hit by a 9 ERA pitcher who has lost 5 mph on his fastball on baseball's previous worst team, well, then it's on...

If the White Sox are 10 out at the end of May, you finally have my permission, world, to fire Kenny Williams. The man I support endlessly has been let off the leash, getting his way by blowing cash and prospects on an injured Jake Peavy, cash on Manny Ramirez, prospects on Nick Swisher who was then given away...

When was the last trade this man won?

We were all excited that our drafting had turned a corner... where's the help from the farm system? Beckham seems broken, Sale, what the f*** is up there, Santos was drafted at MI so I can't give them credit for that!

Anyway, the clock has started. Memorial Day Weekend is the cutoff in my book. It is time to clean house and start anew (where possible) at that point if this ship isn't righted.

/bad fan, admittedly ridiculous post... but f*** it, I want accountability.

Edited by Steve9347

On May 13, 2008, Santos was claimed off waivers by the Minnesota Twins. He became a free agent at the end of the season and signed a minor league contract with the Chicago White Sox,[2] but on March 20, 2009, was traded to the San Francisco Giants in exchange for future considerations. Less than two weeks after the trade he was brought back to the Chicago White Sox organization and sent to extended spring training to convert from infielder to pitcher.

wikipedia.com

Does this sort of count??

Who the heck did we send to San Francisco? Why did they give him back to us so quickly?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 4, 2011 -> 10:30 AM)
On May 13, 2008, Santos was claimed off waivers by the Minnesota Twins. He became a free agent at the end of the season and signed a minor league contract with the Chicago White Sox,[2] but on March 20, 2009, was traded to the San Francisco Giants in exchange for future considerations. Less than two weeks after the trade he was brought back to the Chicago White Sox organization and sent to extended spring training to convert from infielder to pitcher.

wikipedia.com

Does this sort of count??

Who the heck did we send to San Francisco? Why did they give him back to us so quickly?

I'm pretty sure we traded him to SF to give him one last shot at making it as a position player. I think we also asked him if he was ever ready to try pitching to give us the first crack at him. So when he clearly wasn't going to make it with SF they traded him back to us. At least I'm pretty sure that's how it went.

I think the reason Kenny has been given such a leash by fans is that he's so fun and so ready to make the big splash. He thinks like a fan. He gets us all riled up because, really, no player is off-limits.

IM GONNA GET ME KEN GRIFFEY JUNIOR!

IM SNAGGIN ME SOME MAN-RAM!

GEMME DAT PEAVY!

That's fan talk. Hell, that's me talk. I need someone who thinks very differently from myself running this team. Kenny has been getting b****-slapped by the league for five solid seasons now.

Buddy Bell gets way too much credit around these parts. Sure, we've changed our philosophy in the first round to go after higher ceilng guys. However, we're still in the bottom 5 with regards to our farm system, and we still see significant holes from our prospects when they're called up to the majors. It's going to be interesting to see if the Sox give up/trade Beckham sooner rather than later.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 4, 2011 -> 09:35 AM)
The problem with those three examples is that they all came about 4-5 years too late.

The circumstances that led to the Nick Swisher trade and then the subsequent giving away of Nick Swisher were pretty brutal, too.

The Danks deal was a big-time win. Was that KW's last victory?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 4, 2011 -> 03:39 PM)
The circumstances that led to the Nick Swisher trade and then the subsequent giving away of Nick Swisher were pretty brutal, too.

He won Quentin for Carter. As for Swisher, I get so pissed when people say "well KW had to trade him for scraps cause he wasn't a good fit in the clubhouse". Well, just like with Orlando Cabrera, isn't it KW and Ozzie's responsibility to do their research to make sure that players they acquire are going to be good clubhouse fits? It's not like Swisher came here and acted differently than he had in Oakland. It's not his fault that Konerko, Dye and Thome were uptight leaders.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 4, 2011 -> 10:33 AM)
I think the reason Kenny has been given such a leash by fans is that he's so fun and so ready to make the big splash. He thinks like a fan. He gets us all riled up because, really, no player is off-limits.

GEMME DAT PEAVY!

That's fan talk. Hell, that's me talk. I need someone who thinks very differently from myself running this team. Kenny has been getting b****-slapped by the league for five solid seasons now.

Is he Carlos Boozer?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2011 -> 09:42 AM)
He won Quentin for Carter. As for Swisher, I get so pissed when people say "well KW had to trade him for scraps cause he wasn't a good fit in the clubhouse". Well, just like with Orlando Cabrera, isn't it KW and Ozzie's responsibility to do their research to make sure that players they acquire are going to be good clubhouse fits? It's not like Swisher came here and acted differently than he had in Oakland. It's not his fault that Konerko, Dye and Thome were uptight leaders.

Exactly. These were MLB veterans with well-known reputations. The fact that Orlando Cabrera didn't fit in with our clubhouse, yet fits in fine with other winning teams, actually indicts the White Sox, I think.

Oh yeah, Cabrera was on our last playoff team, too.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 4, 2011 -> 09:39 AM)

Not to the same degree, but he sort of got pantsed in both directions with Javy, too.

Gavin Floyd was a win.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ May 4, 2011 -> 09:48 AM)
Not to the same degree, but he sort of got pantsed in both directions with Javy, too.

Gavin Floyd was a win.

Yeah, Kenny is pretty good at trading injured pitchers (Sirotka for Wells, Freddy [and Gio] for Gavin). Let's not forget this also cost us Tadahito whom we gifted to Philly out of f***ing them with an injured Freddy!

Of course, Gio is better than Gavin right now anyway. The sad part is we got him back, and then gave him away in the Swisher deal.

lol Steve. You're about 8-10 months late, probably even longer, to the party in regards to the drafting, developing and KW's obsession with emptying out the farm for overpaid/overrated vets. Myself, Russ, fathom and others have long broken that down. But it's good to see you've finally seen the error of your ways.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 4, 2011 -> 10:43 AM)
lol Steve. You're about 8-10 months late, probably even longer, to the party in regards to the drafting, developing and KW's obsession with emptying out the farm for overpaid/overrated vets. Myself, Russ, fathom and others have long broken that down. But it's good to see you've finally seen the error of your ways.

Did you not see the title of the thread? He got 5-years post World Series. You're just a hater!

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 4, 2011 -> 10:33 AM)

GEMME DAT PEAVY!

I keep imagining Carlos Boozer screaming these when going up for a rebound. I find that image hilarious.

Edited by Thunderbolt

The Sox stink at drafting so I don't get the complaints about trading away prospects all that much.... besides Gio no many former Sox prospects are amounting to any major success in the bigs (Jury's still out on Hudson as of right now)

QUOTE (Cali @ May 4, 2011 -> 01:09 PM)
The Sox stink at drafting so I don't get the complaints about trading away prospects all that much.... besides Gio no many former Sox prospects are amounting to any major success in the bigs (Jury's still out on Hudson as of right now)

McCarthy's pitching quite well for the A's this year. Do we face him on this road trip?

Richard was solid for the Padres.