Juan Pierre

Special K

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 12, 2011 -> 09:31 AM)
His WAR is now -1.1.

He is definitively and officially baseball's worst player, and he leads off for your Chicago White Sox.

Is management asleep at the wheel? Why is he being trotted out there every night?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 12, 2011 -> 09:59 AM)
He might have actually taken over the crown of "Worst Defensive LFer in Chicago". And that is not easy.

At least the other one is hitting bombs (not that I'd go anywhere near him with that contract, just saying).

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 12, 2011 -> 02:59 PM)
He might have actually taken over the crown of "Worst Defensive LFer in Chicago". And that is not easy.

Absolutely, it's not even close. At least Soriano has a strong arm that doesn't turn routine singles into doubles.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2011 -> 10:22 AM)
Absolutely, it's not even close. At least Soriano has a strong arm that doesn't turn routine singles into doubles.

I dunno. They both drop way too many, but I think Soriano drops more. Soriano does have a MUCH better arm, but it also seems like he flat-out falls down once a week. Defensively, I think our midget is slightly taller, though I really wish he would just go away.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ May 12, 2011 -> 10:44 AM)
I dunno. They both drop way too many, but I think Soriano drops more. Soriano does have a MUCH better arm, but it also seems like he flat-out falls down once a week. Defensively, I think our midget is slightly taller, though I really wish he would just go away.

How often in our blogs do we diss any player with questionable defense and yet Juan pierre gets a bye. I'm guess its because he walks a lot, steals base half the time he attempts or is it because of his RBI totals. Can't we dfa him and recall Viciedo

QUOTE (forrestg @ May 12, 2011 -> 12:28 PM)
QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ May 12, 2011 -> 10:44 AM)

How often in our blogs do we diss any player with questionable defense and yet Juan pierre gets a bye. I'm guess its because he walks a lot, steals base half the time he attempts or is it because of his RBI totals. Can't we dfa him and recall Viciedo

Where do you get that Juan Pierre gets a bye? He has been public enemy number one for six weeks now.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 12, 2011 -> 12:39 PM)
he got a couple of weak hits last night.

He ain't going anywhere.

you're right but most sox fans or baseball fans seem to appreciate hard line drive, grounders that find their way through the infield,gappers, (not the ones that Pierre creates with his bad reads),and home runs . His specialty,bunts, infield hits, bloopers and his stolen base totals have fallen due to his"diminishing skills".

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ May 12, 2011 -> 09:53 PM)
Juan Pierre is sabermetrically the WORST player in MLB right now.

Don't need sabermetrics to determine that he sucks ... Why Ozzie, why? Some needs to Happy Gilmore JP as soon as possible ...

QUOTE (oldsox @ May 7, 2011 -> 06:32 PM)
Gotta bring up Tank soon. Another big game last night. Why is this such a tough decision? Might as well bring up journeyman 3B Mcpherson (sp) at same time. That'll make room for other minor league promotions at third, OF.

When Tank comes up he has to play ever day like KC's Hosmer.

Or else it's stupid.

Just dump Pierre for Tank.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 12, 2011 -> 12:35 PM)

Where do you get that Juan Pierre gets a bye? He has been public enemy number one for six weeks now.

he's playing every day.

I kind of joked about this in a game thread last week, but wouldn't it make some sense to look into a big trade with the Mets to get Jose Reyes?

In know it sounds far fetched on the surface to have a message board trade idea, but why not look into a Reyes/Beltran for Alexei/Quentin or prospects trade? Maybe some other pieces in there.

Mets would move Reyes, and get some cost certainty with Alexei. Beltran would get off the books, and the Sox would only have them the rest of the year, so there isn't a long term commitment.

They just can't afford to have Pierre out there much more, and if they're going for broke this season, they need to do something about it soon.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 14, 2011 -> 07:00 PM)
I kind of joked about this in a game thread last week, but wouldn't it make some sense to look into a big trade with the Mets to get Jose Reyes?

In know it sounds far fetched on the surface to have a message board trade idea, but why not look into a Reyes/Beltran for Alexei/Quentin or prospects trade? Maybe some other pieces in there.

Mets would move Reyes, and get some cost certainty with Alexei. Beltran would get off the books, and the Sox would only have them the rest of the year, so there isn't a long term commitment.

They just can't afford to have Pierre out there much more, and if they're going for broke this season, they need to do something about it soon.

Probably because we don't have $20 million extra dollars sitting around right now.

Why do you want to tear apart one of your theoretical strengths (at least not obvious weaknesses) by trading Ramirez for Reyes?

We would "rent" Reyes for the rest of the season when we're already out of contention (arguably) and then just get the compensation picks, which would MAYBE result in a player or two that ends up contributing in 2015?

Meanwhile, next year we are forced to play Eduardo Escobar at SS or acquire someone like Nick Punto/Adam Everett. Or give the job to Lillibridge. We're definitely not moving Gordon Beckham back to his collegiate position.

Edited by caulfield12