Bataan Death March, err, Sox West Annual Coast Road Trip

caulfield12

Well, there's good news and bad news.

Checking the schedule, it looks like we'll miss Pineda (which sucks, was actually looking forward to seeing him), Haren, Jared Weaver, Gio (again) and Brett Anderson. WHEW!

I'm thinking it will be a 3-6 or 4-5 trip (being optimistic based on past Sox experiences out there), from the looks of things. Then again, 2-7 isn't out of the realm of possibility either, matching the 2001 White Sox (13-28/14-29) for worst run out of the gate in Sox history.

Humber vs. King Felix (wonder what the early Las Vegas odds are on that one?)

Floyd vs. Fister

Buehrle vs. Bedard (Harrelson gets another chance to cream his pants over Bedard)

E-JAX vs. Santana (seemingly winnable, depends on which versions of these two enigmatic pitchers show up)

Danks vs. Pineiro

Humber (POSSIBLY PEAVY) vs. THE DREADED CHATWOOD AGAIN

Floyd vs. B. McCarthy (trip down memory lane)

Buehrle vs. Ross (what's Mark's record out there again? it's the thing of nightmares or Tim Burton's dreams)

E-JAX vs. Cahill

Edited by caulfield12

If the Sox can steal game one in Seattle...some how. Some way...they could go 5-4 on the trip. I really think this is a good time to head west, and get as far away from the Cell as possible. Sox fans are angry, and you can feel it with every Sox misplay or unclutch moment. Go west, where nothing much is expected...and come back with a 16-25 record.

After this road trip, the season will officially be over.

I hope the Sox accordingly start to make some changes and plan for the future.

Losing two straight to Minnesota in the Cell, a horrible team that entered the series in as big a mess as Chicago, tells you all you need to know about our team.

Also, losing 3 of four to Baltimore, a team about to get boatraced by the Royals in Kauffman, tells you how horrid the Sox are.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing the "rebuilding" mode in action. Again, after a 2-7 or 1-8 trip, even Ozzie, Kenny, Jerry will realize it's time to rebuild, reload or whatever you want to call it.

Start selling off the pieces.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 4, 2011 -> 07:25 PM)
After this road trip, the season will officially be over.

I hope the Sox accordingly start to make some changes and plan for the future.

Losing two straight to Minnesota in the Cell, a horrible team that entered the series in as big a mess as Chicago, tells you all you need to know about our team.

Also, losing 3 of four to Baltimore, a team about to get boatraced by the Royals in Kauffman, tells you how horrid the Sox are.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing the "rebuilding" mode in action. Again, after a 2-7 or 1-8 trip, even Ozzie, Kenny, Jerry will realize it's time to rebuild, reload or whatever you want to call it.

Start selling off the pieces.

I, for one, am going to hold out hope for better days for at least a little bit longer. I really don't want a summer on meaningless baseball. The odds are drastically leaning towards a total blowup here...but here's hoping for a 2010 type run.

I want to be optimistic, so I will be. Someone (or two) isn't going to Seattle and will instead be heading to Charlotte. It'll be a minor wake-up call, and the Sox go 6-3.

But, the realist in me says 4-5 at best. I hope my internal optimist is right, though.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 4, 2011 -> 07:48 PM)
I, for one, am going to hold out hope for better days for at least a little bit longer. I really don't want a summer on meaningless baseball. The odds are drastically leaning towards a total blowup here...but here's hoping for a 2010 type run.

That'll remind me of being a Pirates fan. By the way, the Pirates are 14-16.

The team has been horrible at home as well as the road.

The home losses have been really really bad and come in bunches just like the road losses.

I doubt we'll hear excuses. The Sox know they suck.

3-6 at best.

This the Orioles last year.... pre-firing of Trembley.

Hopefully we hire a Showalter.

*Edit - I'm out of my f***ing mind. 3-6? We've only won 2 games in the last 2 CALENDAR weeks.

Ammended: 1-8.

Edited by Andrew

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ May 5, 2011 -> 11:26 AM)
Seattle series is the alliteration series.

Humber vs. Hernandez

Floyd vs. Fister

Buehrle vs. Bedard

What are the chances?!

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 5, 2011 -> 11:31 AM)
It stands for How Freaking Bad are both of these offenses!

These are both actually very cool.

2-1 so far. Pretty safe to predict 2-4 (4-5) or 3-3 (5-4) for the next six games, especially considering that we're missing Haren, Weaver, Anderson and Gio.

The only question is which direction this whole thing goes if we muddle along? We have another hellacious stretch of teams to play at home after the team returns back home to Chicago.

Could easily have been 3-0, but I guess we have to build upon something, which is our first series victory (tied KC and NYY) since we beat Cleveland and Tampa Bay in the first 10 days of the season.

Amazingly, Cleveland hasn't lost a single home game at Jacobs since those first two.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 9, 2011 -> 01:22 AM)
2-1 so far. Pretty safe to predict 2-4 (4-5) or 3-3 (5-4) for the next six games, especially considering that we're missing Haren, Weaver, Anderson and Gio.

The only question is which direction this whole thing goes if we muddle along? We have another hellacious stretch of teams to play at home after the team returns back home to Chicago.

Could easily have been 3-0, but I guess we have to build upon something, which is our first series victory (tied KC and NYY) since we beat Cleveland and Tampa Bay in the first 10 days of the season.

Amazingly, Cleveland hasn't lost a single home game at Jacobs since those first two.

Why not 6-0 the rest of the way? Seems the West Coast owes us some victories, especially in Oakland. In my opinion we need to get hot quickly and at minimum get 5 or so games above .500 by the all star break otherwise it's firesale time. I know, very optimistic, and given our history in Oakland, it's going to be ugly. Aren't we something like 5-30 there since 2001?