2011 Plan B

Texsox

Hmm, what are the Rangers doing? Now that the Sox season is shaping up to be a really bitter pill to swallow, I will probably sneak a few more peaks at Ranger's games than I would have. Not switching allegiances, but I just can't watch a passionless piece of crap team.

What are you going to do with a little extra free time?

QUOTE (Tex @ May 5, 2011 -> 01:57 AM)
Hmm, what are the Rangers doing? Now that the Sox season is shaping up to be a really bitter pill to swallow, I will probably sneak a few more peaks at Ranger's games than I would have. Not switching allegiances, but I just can't watch a passionless piece of crap team.

Good question. I love baseball but to think of no meaningful games in June and July ... crazy.

I know I won't be watching any Sox games from start to finish. Will probably catch parts of games here and there, especially if they change the roster and I want to see new guys play.

I personally as a fan don't want to see AJ and Juan Pierre bat again this season. I could do without seeing Adam Dunn again as well.

Bring him back next spring training and let him try again to actually get a meaningful hit in the first five weeks.

Edited by greg775

Not changing anything, Tex.

I watched at least 100-110 games in 07 also. I also kept watching in 04 after the injuries started, the HRs stopped, and the pitching died.

I'm what you might say, "All In", except...like, consistent as advertised.

Now, if Ozzie is fired - I might have to become a real fan and sacrifice the family cat, "Sox".

Edited by Andrew

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 4, 2011 -> 09:29 PM)
Good question. I love baseball but to think of no meaningful games in June and July ... crazy.

I know I won't be watching any Sox games from start to finish. Will probably catch parts of games here and there, especially if they change the roster and I want to see new guys play.

I personally as a fan don't want to see AJ and Juan Pierre bat again this season. I could do without seeing Adam Dunn again as well.

Bring him back next spring training and let him try again to actually get a meaningful hit in the first five weeks.

Dunn "big donkey" or big dissapointment.

I'm a Phillies fan second, so baseball-wise I have the summer covered. We have the Cubs in town who are looking to be more competitive in their division, so of course I'll watch that. I'll still watch my shotgun abortion team, but I foresee instances where I turn it the f*** off after they have no runs and one hit after eight innings. Today I opened my guitar case for the first time in a while and messed around with it, and also, after hearing an absurd amount of positive reviews for Portal and Portal 2, I purchased them via Amazon last week, and am enjoying the game. First video game I've played other than an MLB game since Crash Team Racing (and that was for drunk gambling purposes).

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ May 5, 2011 -> 03:40 AM)
Everyone in this thread will be back in 3 weeks.

Since I'm still watching, tonight and tomorrow because of no night game and no game at all, I plan on reading more and watching the NHL playoffs.

You won't be saying that after this road trip I believe.

I'm beyond even remotely giving a s*** right now. Not gonna say I'm done for the year...they're bound to go on a win streak sometime. But I plan on spending many a day/night on my pontoon catching crappie and drinkin' beer.