Hawk

oldsox

QUOTE (ntorvik @ May 5, 2011 -> 05:19 PM)
Plus his numbers could have easily been inflated due to the fact that he was playing in the ballpark in Cincinnati. The dude is country strong (think he got phrase to describe him more than anyone I've ever seen or heard), but he's always been a big strikeout guy. He hits homers or strikes out, that's his thing. A guy like him doesn't just change who he is throughout the course of his career.

And what about the two years he hit 38 in Washington? Why are we even having this discussion?

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 5, 2011 -> 10:02 PM)
One of those two was that 05 Houston team, who started 15-30.

No, they were 12-20 through 32, then went real bad. Hawk mentions the 1983 Sox who were 14-26, but the point is, while all is not lost, the Sox have already dug themselves a hole in which very few have dug themselves out. The odds are already stacked against them.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (ntorvik @ May 5, 2011 -> 05:19 PM)
Plus his numbers could have easily been inflated due to the fact that he was playing in the ballpark in Cincinnati. The dude is country strong (think he got phrase to describe him more than anyone I've ever seen or heard), but he's always been a big strikeout guy. He hits homers or strikes out, that's his thing. A guy like him doesn't just change who he is throughout the course of his career.

Because he doesn't play in a homer friendly park now?

QUOTE (oldsox @ May 5, 2011 -> 11:00 AM)
If you mean current skill level?

Rios? Yes.

Dunn? Yes

Pierre? Yes

AJ? Probably

Ramirez? No

Beckham? Yes

Thornton? Yes

Konerko? No

Peavy? Yes

Buehrle? Probably

Omar? Yes

Teahen? Yes

Morel? NA

Q? No

This is not a talented bunch.

Well.. technically, they're all playing exactly to their current skill level.

SEMANTICS!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 6, 2011 -> 09:21 AM)
He was talking about Cincy I thought.

I'm sure he was. But Adam Dunn conveniently played 2 seasons and hit 76 HR with a .910 OPS in Nationals Park as well. That kinda negates anyone sayign that he only hits well in hitters ballparks.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 6, 2011 -> 08:40 AM)
I'm sure he was. But Adam Dunn conveniently played 2 seasons and hit 76 HR with a .910 OPS in Nationals Park as well. That kinda negates anyone sayign that he only hits well in hitters ballparks.

And also ignores that he is playing in one of the top 5 hitters parks in baseball right now.