Sox (11-21) vs Mariners (15-17) 5/6 @ 9:10 CSN

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 7, 2011 -> 04:45 AM)
I didn't see it so tell me what was the big mistake(s) Ozzie made, other than leaving Thornton in so long?

Pitched to Babe Smoak with an open base instead of going after Cust, who looked bad vs Humber. Stone was questioning it even before the decision.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 7, 2011 -> 05:48 AM)
Complete game win for Felix...tip your cap.

I will do that. Could you please get me a list of all the other starters who have shut us down?

I'd like to be an equal-opportunity hat tipper. Many are deserving of that tip with this punchless piece of s*** team.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 6, 2011 -> 11:47 PM)
That is hilarious that the only bright spot on the team, humber, will be demoted soon.

Typical for our season.

He's not getting demoted. In fact, if Peavy shows he's healthy, I think a pitcher is going to get traded pretty soon.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 7, 2011 -> 04:49 AM)
He's not getting demoted. In fact, if Peavy shows he's healthy, I think a pitcher is going to get traded pretty soon.

Wouldn't shock me for a second if Danks is first to go, with someone on Sox leaking to Heyman he will file for free agency after 2012.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 6, 2011 -> 11:44 PM)
Isn't King Felix the reigning cy young?

were you expecting a sweep of the M's?

Not at all. I expect our team to take advantage of crucial mistakes made by the opposing team and to capitalize on outings like Phil Humber had tonight.

We did neither and its inexcusable.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 6, 2011 -> 11:49 PM)
I will do that. Could you please get me a list of all the other starters who have shut us down?

I'd like to be an equal-opportunity hat tipper. Many are deserving of that tip with this punchless piece of s*** team.

Let's just tip our caps to Fister and Bedard and get it out of the way.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 6, 2011 -> 11:49 PM)

Seeing as where we are in the standings, I am firmly on the trade Danks bandwagon for the first time. If you trade him by the deadline, you will get the most for him since it's not a rental. I am pretty confident he isn't re-signing here so might as well get a top prospect or two.

Edited by maggsmaggs

I'd be willing to trade anybody at this point.

I always resisted "rebuilding" but this team is going to lose 95 to 100 games I have no doubt about that so they might as well blow it up.

This game was so predictable.

Even in one where we play a fairly respectable game, you know the M's, given the final at bat, will win it with a run in either the eighth or ninth.

But when we are at home, the last at bat never matters.

Please fire some people and demote some players. This is unbearable.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 7, 2011 -> 05:58 AM)
The biggest question is why Crain wasn't used in the 9th.

Cause this horses*** start has screwed him up mentally.

That's another reason he needs to be canned.

He's grouping all these losses together and figures to go with Thornton since he looked like he was sort of "on."

He's managing weirdly and must go for the betterment of the organization.

Just fire him. What's the big deal? What's the holdup? Even Ozzie won't be surprised when he's canned.

You better damn well believe Ozzie would be firing a manager off to this kind of start with this kind of payroll if he were GM.

Edited by greg775

Ozzie was expecting or playing for extra innings so he was saving Sale, Santos and Crain?

LOL.

Whatever, Ranger. Every loss at this point is just one more nail on the coffin. He should be managing every game like we're tied for the division lead with one week left in the season.

The Indians finally lost another game...at this point, I don't want to trend neutral. Either we start making up ground or throw in the towel.

I do believe the next 8 games will serve the ostensible purpose of defining itself as the final D.O.A. notice.

Edited by caulfield12

The state of this franchise right now is frightening. A terribly bloated salary wise major league roster with flat-out bad, underachieving or past their prime guys. A deplorable minor league system that hasn't produced a f***ing thing in 10 years. Bad management, bad coaches, bad scouting, bad player development, etc (That was for you, Milk). Weren't the Blackhawks rated the worst pro sports organization a few years back? I think we're in the top 5 right now.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 7, 2011 -> 06:09 AM)
Ozzie was expecting or playing for extra innings so he was saving Sale, Santos and Crain?

LOL.

Whatever, Ranger. Every loss at this point is just one more nail on the coffin. He should be managing every game like we're tied for the division lead with one week left in the season.

The Indians finally lost another game...at this point, I don't want to trend neutral. Either we start making up ground or throw in the towel.

I do believe the next 8 games will serve the ostensible purpose of defining itself as the final D.O.A. notice.

Of course the next 8 games will do what you suggest.

There's no way in hell this team is turning it around on a road trip.

What are they waiting for in firing Ozzie?

It's ridiculous. It's time. He's not going to manage the White Sox for 25 years like La Russa in St. Looie. Not gonna happen.

It's unfortunate but that's the fact.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 7, 2011 -> 12:18 AM)
The state of this franchise right now is frightening. A terribly bloated salary wise major league roster with flat-out bad, underachieving or past their prime guys. A deplorable minor league system that hasn't produced a f***ing thing in 10 years. Bad management, bad coaches, bad scouting, bad player development, etc (That was for you, Milk). Weren't the Blackhawks rated the worst pro sports organization a few years back? I think we're in the top 5 right now.

:headbang