Sox (11-21) vs Mariners (15-17) 5/6 @ 9:10 CSN

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wait until this team hits its groove. I've been optimistic, but that is changing quickly. What is there to hang your hat on? They have been brutal in every aspect. A couple of guys are hitting. A couple of guys are pitching, Humber especially, but every other aspect has been about as awful as it could be on the major league level.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 6, 2011 -> 11:41 PM)
he really needs to be fired that was as bad a manging job as there is enough already

A new manager isn't going to turn this around. Don't do him a favor, make him sit through this all summer and either resign or trade him to the Marlins for whatever. Don't give him his guaranteed millions for next year for nothing.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 7, 2011 -> 04:42 AM)
I'm sure there's a Josh Phegley clone out there somewhere.

Any good players out there that are playing in college football? I was a fan of Mitchell when we picked him, but even he seems to be a likely bust.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 6, 2011 -> 11:44 PM)
Two changes I would make.

Viciedo for Pierre in LF.

Lillibridge for Rios or Gordon.

Both deserve it since Pierre, Gordo and Rios suck.

Hell Ramon Castro should get a hell of a lot more ABs.

I'd be down with all of those moves.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2011 -> 11:43 PM)
So that would mean Humber would be back in the rotation after a start or two.

It's just f***ing ridiculous that the best player on this team right now will lose his spot to some dude that has sucked with the White Sox since he joined and can't stay healthy.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 6, 2011 -> 11:44 PM)
Isn't King Felix the reigning cy young?

were you expecting a sweep of the M's?

It doesn't matter who we're facing. It's always the same result whether it's the opponent's ace or their #5 starter with ERAs in the 8s and 9s.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 6, 2011 -> 11:43 PM)
DJ, "we're just going to have to play better against those guys (Mariners, Angels and A's) and win some games."

Great analysis.

The is ZERO insightful analysis during a Sox broadcast, whether it's on 670 or CSN. Horrible horrible broadcasters we have.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 7, 2011 -> 05:41 AM)
JR ain't gonna pay Ozzie almost two full years of pay for sitting on his ass as a non-White Sox employee. Sadly, that's the reason he won't be gone.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 7, 2011 -> 05:44 AM)
Isn't King Felix the reigning cy young?

were you expecting a sweep of the M's?

1.) Jerry would rather have no fans in the stands I guess.

2.) Of course not, I'm 'expecting' a 1-8 road trip. I guess we might win 2 if we play real hard.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2011 -> 11:45 PM)
Any good players out there that are playing in college football? I was a fan of Mitchell when we picked him, but even he seems to be a likely bust.

Aren't most football players baseball careers far less successful than what was projected?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 7, 2011 -> 04:45 AM)
Supposedly they are going to a 6 man rotation.

That's going to piss off all starters on our team not named Phil. Jackson, Buehrle and Danks going to lose so money cause of it.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 6, 2011 -> 11:45 PM)
I didn't see it so tell me what was the big mistake(s) Ozzie made, other than leaving Thornton in so long?

pitching to ..can't remember who it was, with a base open, with olivo on deck, it was a lefty..that i remember, but i dont remember who it was