Sox (11-21) vs Mariners (15-17) 5/6 @ 9:10 CSN

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Want to ask a legit question.

Why doesn't Ozzie bat Dunn fourth? If things were going RIGHT, my top of the lineup would have been: Pierre, Becks, Kong, Dunn and Quentin.

I see Dunn batting third, fifth; but never cleanup. Having a left-right-right-left-right top of the lineup would help with balancing too many RH hitters the way Guillen has it with Pierre-Beckham-Dunn-Konerko-Quentin-Rios-Ramirez-Pierzynski-3b.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2011 -> 09:17 PM)
Yet people seem genuinely happy on here with the job Buddy Bell has done.

Personally Buddy Bell hasn't done anything except maybe the ol' "Vote Of Confidence" for me.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2011 -> 09:17 PM)
Yet people seem genuinely happy on here with the job Buddy Bell has done.

It's more on JR/KW not willing to spend over slot. The resources are extremely limited. The amount invested in the draft over the past years is disgusting. Spending less in 2 years combined than some teams do in 1 year is appalling.

Edited by DirtySox

QUOTE (DirtySox @ May 6, 2011 -> 09:34 PM)
It's more on JR/KW not willing to spend over slot. The resources are extremely limited. The amount spent on the draft over the past years is disgusting. Spending less in 2 years combined than some teams do in 1 year is appalling.

You mean 4 yrs combined than some teams do in 1, dirty.

:lolhitting

You get what you spend on. Cheap, cheap, cheap = Cheap team.

The dreaded leadoff walk.

Didn't want to challenge him with another fastball. Can't blame him, with how well Smoak's been going.

Konerko with the range of the Venus de Milo. Should have been a DP, but nice calm recovery by Beckham.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 7, 2011 -> 03:35 AM)
Damn, I didn't even realize Smoak was hitting so well. Makes Beckham look even more pathetic.

B. Wallace looks really good this year also. At least Jason Castro's hurt.

I feel like I'm watching those old Faces of Death videos.

Morbid curiosity, waiting for something to happen or change with this season, somehow.

You don't want to watch, but you almost feel compelled to see if it can actually get any worse.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ May 6, 2011 -> 09:34 PM)
It's more on JR/KW not willing to spend over slot. The resources are extremely limited. The amount invested in the draft over the past years is disgusting. Spending less in 2 years combined than some teams do in 1 year is appalling.

They have been on the cheap forever on draft picks after Borchard deal bar the door.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 7, 2011 -> 03:45 AM)
Just announced.

The White Sox signed Greg Walker to a two-year contract extension through the 2013 season.

Btw, thanks for turning Gordon Beckham into Joe Crede without the defensive resume.

Crede had more power than Beckham. I really can't believe how big of a flop Beckham's on the verge of becoming.