Sox (11-21) vs Mariners (15-17) 5/6 @ 9:10 CSN

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 7, 2011 -> 03:40 AM)
Look at that, a sacrifice bunt.

Yes the bunt is called for at times when the book says play to tie at home, win on road.

Though Ozzie gets roasted for bunting.

It was a terrible decision, as it's not like we would have thrown out Ichiro if he tried to steal.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2011 -> 11:42 PM)
It was a terrible decision, as it's not like we would have thrown out Ichiro if he tried to steal.

Figgins wouldn't have hit the ball anyway though. Plus, Ichiro would have scored on the double from first

That terrible decision is working out just fine. It's called moving runners into scoring position which can in itself chance a batter's approach as he faces an RBI situation.

Of course it matters not to Sox hitters who this season fail whether runners are in scoring position or not.

It was a very good decision to bunt.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2011 -> 11:45 PM)
Please tell me Ozzie is trying to get fired. Absolutely inexcusable to pitch to Smoak. Stone is really letting Ozzie have it.

Thats how you define letting him have it? Man, I shouldn't believe it when you say things like that

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 6, 2011 -> 09:46 PM)
That terrible decision is working out just fine. It's called moving runners into scoring position which can in itself chance a batter's approach as he faces an RBI situation.

Of course it matters not to Sox hitters who this season fail whether runners are in scoring position or not.

It was a very good decision to bunt.

Ummm, no.

How would AJ possibly throw out Ichiro stealing?

I think even Pierre could probably have at least a 75% success ratio against AJ and our pitching staff.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 6, 2011 -> 10:45 PM)
What did I say?

Jesus, Ozzie.

Cust doesn't have a homer all season long yet.

Smoak's only hitting .362 with a 1.146 OPS the last 17 games.

Scouting, White Sox???

I bet Greg Walker told him to pitch to him. I think Ozzie is being exposed as a fraud.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2011 -> 03:46 AM)
Thats how you define letting him have it? Man, I shouldn't believe it when you say things like that

He questioned the decision while Smoak was still jogging into 2nd. For those two announcers, that's about as critical as they get. You can tell Hawk was pissed when he emphatically said "Cust is 0-2 tonight"

QUOTE (fathom @ May 6, 2011 -> 09:46 PM)
Hawk is so pissed at Ozzie right now. It must be nice to have a job and not worry about getting fired, even if you're doing a worse job than Osama Bin Laden's courier.

He at least was the only one to get shots off.

The White Sox have bullets and they're not even being chambered or fired.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 7, 2011 -> 04:47 AM)
Ummm, no.

How would AJ possibly throw out Ichiro stealing?

I think even Pierre could probably have at least a 75% success ratio against AJ and our pitching staff.

You guys are a tough crowd. How can you argue it was a good decision when they took the lead?? (Likely for good; forgive me for not believing in the boys in grey).