Heyman "Count on" Danks filling for free agency

southsider2k5

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 6, 2011 -> 01:38 PM)
The good news is that no matter how good he is, teams may want to avoid the PR hit of giving 100 million to a 20 game loser.

Hard to blame the 0-5 record on his pitching...............

QUOTE (flavum @ May 6, 2011 -> 01:45 PM)
If the Sox are out of it in July, they might as well see what they can get. Yankees? Get Montero and those pitching prospects?

anyway (danks,jackson,etc) we can get banuelos? :)

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 6, 2011 -> 04:10 PM)
As stupid as it may seem to the majority of us, we almost definitely would receive less for Danks because of the bad record.

Really? I don't agree with that. GM's realize that record is very dependent on the team around the pitcher and we've done a horrible job scoring runs for him pretty much his entire career here. He might not have a sexy record to get casual fans excited or grab media attention but I'm sure guys in front offices know how good and valuable Danks is.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 6, 2011 -> 03:10 PM)
As stupid as it may seem to the majority of us, we almost definitely would receive less for Danks because of the bad record.

Eh, if you don't get a big haul for him, you sit on him until the winter. He isn't even making that much this year.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 6, 2011 -> 03:13 PM)
Really? I don't agree with that. GM's realize that record is very dependent on the team around the pitcher and we've done a horrible job scoring runs for him pretty much his entire career here. He might not have a sexy record to get casual fans excited or grab media attention but I'm sure guys in front offices know how good and valuable Danks is.

Regardless of records, he's a 6 inning pitcher at best. His pitch count is seemingly always around 90 or so after 5 innings.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 6, 2011 -> 03:13 PM)

You don't think a qualified GM is going to talk the price down, even a tiny bit, by bringing the record into it? Really?

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 6, 2011 -> 04:15 PM)
You don't think a qualified GM is going to talk the price down, even a tiny bit, by bringing the record into it? Really?

Sure they might try but I'd bet Kenny would call them out on that bulls*** argument and at the end of the day the other team's GM would relent.

Sqwert's point about being a 6 inning pitcher is much more relevant though. That fact will definitely bring his value down.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 6, 2011 -> 03:19 PM)
Sure they might try but I'd bet Kenny would call them out on that bulls*** argument and at the end of the day the other team's GM would relent.

Sqwert's point about being a 6 inning pitcher is much more relevant though. That fact will definitely bring his value down.

Apparently you have more faith in KW than I do at this point. It seems like he gets less and less out of trades.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 6, 2011 -> 04:24 PM)
Apparently you have more faith in KW than I do at this point. It seems like he gets less and less out of trades.

We've never really seen him make trades from this position though. He's lost some trades recently but I don't have a huge problem with him. So yes, I guess you could say I'd fairly certain he'd get market value if he were to trade Danks.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 6, 2011 -> 04:19 PM)

This year he's pitched 7 starts and has 47 innings. That's 6.2+ innings per start.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 6, 2011 -> 03:15 PM)

Yeah, but it also only takes one idiot GM trying to win a division to blow that up.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 6, 2011 -> 03:31 PM)
This year he's pitched 7 starts and has 47 innings. That's 6.2+ innings per start.

Wow. Talk about small sample size.

In those 7 games, he more often than not pitched at 6.0 innings or less.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 6, 2011 -> 03:14 PM)
Regardless of records, he's a 6 inning pitcher at best. His pitch count is seemingly always around 90 or so after 5 innings.

Last year he averaged 6.2 innings per start. 17 of his 32 starts he went 7 innings or more. Just out of curiosity, how much more would he have to pitch to not be considered a 6 inning pitcher at best?