How I hate some f***ing people

Texsox

Shortly before school was out we received an email from our 8th grade administrator. The past couple months we noticed one boy was not his usual self. We finally found out what the problem was. Seems as if his parents took off around Christmas and left him and his barely 18 year old sister to fend for themselves. To make matters worse, they are undocumented, and without a social security number they do not receive any benefits. Outside of the breakfast and lunch we serve here, he isn't eating much. The kids do not remember living anywhere else than here. WTF, how can these kids be deported? Where would they go? They do not know any relatives here or in Mexico. Drop them off at the bridge and say goodbye?

Man, I just can't stand to see kids hurt like this. It took me 45 minutes to be able to type this out, I was hoping it would help, but I think I'll just go home and cry for a few hours.

They have no idea what happened to their parents. They did not go to the police when their parents went missing because they feared being arrested themselves, something their parents taught them. The only program is a one way ticket to Mexico. It was decided because his sister is an adult we do not have to report them yet. I'm picking up a few gift cards to Walmart and a local grocery store. We found out because he was trying to get sent to summer school. He's passing all his subjects, so we figured there was something going on.

QUOTE (Tex @ May 6, 2011 -> 03:10 PM)
Shortly before school was out we received an email from our 8th grade administrator. The past couple months we noticed one boy was not his usual self. We finally found out what the problem was. Seems as if his parents took off around Christmas and left him and his barely 18 year old sister to fend for themselves. To make matters worse, they are undocumented, and without a social security number they do not receive any benefits. Outside of the breakfast and lunch we serve here, he isn't eating much. The kids do not remember living anywhere else than here. WTF, how can these kids be deported? Where would they go? They do not know any relatives here or in Mexico. Drop them off at the bridge and say goodbye?

Man, I just can't stand to see kids hurt like this. It took me 45 minutes to be able to type this out, I was hoping it would help, but I think I'll just go home and cry for a few hours.

Wow... that is a heart breaking story. Is it for sure that the parents abandoned them and not that something happened to them?

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ May 6, 2011 -> 06:21 PM)
Wow... that is a heart breaking story. Is it for sure that the parents abandoned them and not that something happened to them?

We're starting to wonder. No one has asked if they took clothes, etc. Like I said the summer school and general state of his cleanliness and clothes had people starting to wonder what was going on. The administrator that talked to him was really broken up, and he's heard every kind of story imaginable.

QUOTE (Tex @ May 6, 2011 -> 07:33 PM)
We're starting to wonder. No one has asked if they took clothes, etc. Like I said the summer school and general state of his cleanliness and clothes had people starting to wonder what was going on. The administrator that talked to him was really broken up, and he's heard every kind of story imaginable.

Someone needs to adopt them.

How are they living in their home? No one's been paying the mortgage/rent.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 7, 2011 -> 02:33 AM)
lol what? It was a sad story that happen to fall on an ironic date.

Ok, this makes it better since you acknowledged its a sad story.

That previous post makes it look like you're entirely mocking it because it fell on a Hispanic holiday, so my apologies.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 7, 2011 -> 03:36 AM)
Ok, this makes it better since you acknowledged its a sad story.

That previous post makes it look like you're entirely mocking it because it fell on a Hispanic holiday, so my apologies.

Well I guess I was wrong anyway since I apparently can't read a calender correctly. Carry on.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 6, 2011 -> 07:00 PM)
Someone needs to adopt them.

How are they living in their home? No one's been paying the mortgage/rent.

We're arranging a home visit, but in many of the colonias around here, basically families will build a cinder block home, use an old travel trailer, old sheets of metal, etc. They can't get traditional financing, so it's build as they can afford it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 6, 2011 -> 07:39 PM)
Any chance the parents were arrested?

Yes. But here are the two categories I can think of

1. Arrested, deported, basically alive and forced to be away, and decided not telling the kids, decided that not taking the kids with was better for the kids.

2. Dead and no one could trace them back to the kids.

I can't think of a scenario where they are alive and are staying away, or not getting word to the kids, where it is actually better for the kids.

QUOTE (Tex @ May 7, 2011 -> 05:08 AM)
Yes. But here are the two categories I can think of

1. Arrested, deported, basically alive and forced to be away, and decided not telling the kids, decided that not taking the kids with was better for the kids.

2. Dead and no one could trace them back to the kids.

I can't think of a scenario where they are alive and are staying away, or not getting word to the kids, where it is actually better for the kids.

Do you have any ability to check with ICE or if you do that will that wind up having the kids deported as well?

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ May 9, 2011 -> 10:58 AM)
Just curious but how did they get into school?

We teach everyone who shows up. If you can walk through out doors, we will do our best to teach you.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 9, 2011 -> 11:41 AM)
Do you have any ability to check with ICE or if you do that will that wind up having the kids deported as well?

I am staying out of that end of the investigation. I went and picked up a WalMart gift card for them. A few people have asked where to send donations, if you are so moved, they can be mailed to the school

Contact me for the address

Thank you.

Yeah, I do hate some people.

What we now know.

Dad died a year ago. Mom remarried and her and the new guy took off, leaving him with his 18 year old sister who is pregnant. The sister had been living on her own for a while.

I was told when he received the money and gift cards he cried he was so happy. He's a real humble kid and doesn't want anyone to know.