5/6 Games

Ozzie Ball

Viciedo already 2 for 2 with his 21st RBI, up to .299 and his season high water mark.

Hynick sucks. De Aza and McPherson continue to play well.

Milledge in danger of being out of baseball soon altogether.

Interestingly, Dayan, Flowers and Danks all have over an 800 OPS now.

Look out below, Jordan Danks with his 5th homer, a 3 run blow to tie the game at 5-5 after 4.

Our old friend Timo Perez with the Mud Hens, hitting a crisp .349 with 3 HR's and 17 RBI's.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 6, 2011 -> 06:50 PM)
Viciedo already 2 for 2 with his 21st RBI, up to .299 and his season high water mark.

Hynick sucks. De Aza and McPherson continue to play well.

Milledge in danger of being out of baseball soon altogether.

Interestingly, Dayan, Flowers and Danks all have over an 800 OPS now.

Danks' K% is 40.5. lol. He's just getting worse and worse. Flowers' is at 35.7. I have no idea what Mitchell's is. But I'm sure it's mammoth. I didn't think the system could get any worse than it was before the season. I was wrong.

Viciedo now 3 for 3 with a double.

En fuego. .306/4/21/824.

I was just thinking it wouldn't hurt to convert Escobar to 2B and send Beckham down if he's still not hitting in two weeks.

Probably couldn't happen in mid-season, but that would be a nifty double play combination if Escobar could hit his weight.

Mitchell's going to be given a ton of time to develop now.

They might have to send him down to KANNY, but there's not going to be a rush to get him to the majors to replace Pierre as might have happened had he never been injured.

He'll be fine.

Dayan receives the INTENTIONAL WALK. Ha, ha.

Bruney on to close the 8-7 Knights' lead. Gallagher with the go-ahead single to drive in Escobar after a sac bunt by De Aza to put him in scoring position.

Edited by caulfield12

Mitchell DID hit his third homer. But still, 17Ks in his last 39 ABs, yikes. He'll get time to develop, but man. Kind of wish the Sox just started him in Kanny and work his way from there.

Trayce Thompson has cooled off too. .200 in his last 10 games (7 for 35, 11ks in 35 ABs).

Jim Gallagher. ??? What do you think? Utility player for the Sox? He may not have much power according to his career minor league numbers, but he's continued to hit at every level.

Edited by OilCan

QUOTE (OilCan @ May 6, 2011 -> 10:04 PM)
Mitchell DID hit his third homer. But still, 17Ks in his last 39 ABs, yikes. He'll get time to develop, but man. Kind of wish the Sox just started him in Kanny and work his way from there.

Trayce Thompson has cooled off too. .200 in his last 10 games (7 for 35, 11ks in 35 ABs).

Starting him off too high is a legit worry. That he played football isn't, unless football players are more likely to suffer that type of freak injury.

True Balta. The only thing I really wished the Sox did, even though Mitchell had success in Kanny in 2009, was to bring him back to Kanny, get him some confidence back, and then get him up to WS this summer. I fear that with the advanced pitching in High A, and with Mitchell having a year off because to injury and his poor Winter League stats, will hurt his confidence and/or stunt his growth. I hope that I'm wrong, I really do; but man. He just needs to see the ball, hit the ball. Easier said than done, but I hope he pulls through.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 6, 2011 -> 07:42 PM)
I was just thinking it wouldn't hurt to convert Escobar to 2B and send Beckham down if he's still not hitting in two weeks.

Huh? Why would Escobar need to move to second base to make room for Beckham?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 7, 2011 -> 02:04 AM)
Kanny got 1-hit. lol.

That was an exciting pitcher's duel. Kanny got to face the beast that is Anthony Ranaudo. Even both bullpens pitched well.

QUOTE (OilCan @ May 6, 2011 -> 09:04 PM)
Jim Gallagher. ??? What do you think? Utility player for the Sox? He may not have much power according to his career minor league numbers, but he's continued to hit at every level.

A serious sleeper in every way. I liked him as a dark horse 2 years ago. He is a bit too old to be considered a true prospect in my eyes, but he is a very solid player.

Edited by SoxAce