Dunn, Thornton, AJ, Rios, Beckham, Oz, KW

greg775

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2011 -> 07:54 AM)
If you noticed, Thornton was down in the zone in the 9th inning with a lot of his pitches. He was clearly gassed, as he was able to stay up in the zone with a few more mph in the 8th inning. It's comical that he was left in that long. Oh, and Ozzie, why not use Crain instead of Santos then?

On a side note, Crain hasn't been a waste of money yet, which is nice.

Time to drop Beckham and Morel and Sale to Charlotte or lower. Play Teahen at third and Vizquel at second. If Vizquel gets injured use Lilibridge at second. If Teahen gets injured use Vizguel at third and Lili at second. Bring up Viiciedo for right field and put Quentin back in left. Using Pierre for pinch bunting, pinch running and utility outfield. Bring up Jordan Danks for center field until Rios toe is healed and then late inning defensive replacement. Bring up Marquez and groom Sale for starting while in minors. Bat Vizquel at leadoff.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 7, 2011 -> 06:21 PM)
That's all fine, except we can't beat the teams in our own division either. Haven't been able to for some time now.

Ug.

It's all so depressing having to be a negative fan all the time. I wish there was some light at the end of the tunnel.

At least while we've sucked, the Hawks (last year) and Bulls (this year) are amazing. Tough to be greedy and want to win two title per year in Chicago.

Speaking for fans on both sides of the city, when there is no salary cap in your sport, and your team is regularly in the top 10 in money spent and ticket cost, I think it's OK to be a little greedy.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 7, 2011 -> 09:36 PM)
Speaking for fans on both sides of the city, when there is no salary cap in your sport, and your team is regularly in the top 10 in money spent and ticket cost, I think it's OK to be a little greedy.

Last year, the 2 teams in the W.S. were #10 and #28 in salary. I think it's time to realize that there's more than just salary.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 7, 2011 -> 02:33 PM)
AJ and Rios were pretty predictable, Dunn and Matt have to be defined as shocking as any players struggles so far this season though, not just that they've been bad but how terrible they've been.

If AJ and Rios were predictable, then KW really should be canned. Cause that's 2/9 of the everyday order he coulda or shoulda let go or tried to trade.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2011 -> 09:07 PM)
Last year, the 2 teams in the W.S. were #10 and #28 in salary. I think it's time to realize that there's more than just salary.

Very true, but having a higher payroll gives you an advantage over other teams, so your expectations should be higher.

If somehow the Sox turned it around and contended, do you think those of us fans who think they have been a total piece of crap and blasted them should be allowed to cheer for them at that point?

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 8, 2011 -> 04:02 PM)
If somehow the Sox turned it around and contended, do you think those of us fans who think they have been a total piece of crap and blasted them should be allowed to cheer for them at that point?

Only upon making sincere, heartfelt apologies to the people who still hung on. Maybe offer a sacrifice or something.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2011 -> 09:16 PM)
Only upon making sincere, heartfelt apologies to the people who still hung on. Maybe offer a sacrifice or something.

The sacrifice part made me lol, well smile at least.

Hey a Sox win on a Sunday. Nice. I remember last year we hardly ever won on Sundays.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 8, 2011 -> 07:47 PM)
The sacrifice part made me lol, well smile at least.

Hey a Sox win on a Sunday. Nice. I remember last year we hardly ever won on Sundays.

You know how to guarantee wins on sundays? Appease an angry deity. Perhaps with a sacrifice.

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ May 7, 2011 -> 06:15 PM)
\

This management has no clue how to build an elite ballclub.

As it could happen once a century, they got lucky with some marginal and a few slightly above average players who peeked in 2005.

Nothing leading up to 2005 or nothing which has occurred since would demonstrate the sox were nothing more than one-hit wonder.

Guillen's managerial star actually started to fade with the near epic implosion of team in the second half of the 2005.

Guillen stayed out of the way for the most of playoffs.

Completely agreed.