Warrior Dash on June 18th and 19th in Channahon

SouthsideDon48

Hey everyone, I just registered a few days ago for Warrior Dash for the 3:30pm wave on Sunday june 19th. It seems like a lot of fun and I can't wait. Is anyone else doing it?

I think I found a new hobby. I also noticed there's other mud runs run by other organizations such as Spartan Race, Mudathlon, Tough Mudder, and Muddy Buddy. Did anyone else ever participate in any of these runs? If so, how was it?

The Mudathlon looks like it's more fun than the warrior dash because they have twice as many obstacles in the same distance on the course. To me, the more obstacles on a course that's 5 miles or under, the better.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ May 7, 2011 -> 02:18 PM)
Hey everyone, I just registered a few days ago for Warrior Dash for the 3:30pm wave on Sunday june 19th. It seems like a lot of fun and I can't wait. Is anyone else doing it?

I think I found a new hobby. I also noticed there's other mud runs run by other organizations such as Spartan Race, Mudathlon, Tough Mudder, and Muddy Buddy. Did anyone else ever participate in any of these runs? If so, how was it?

The Mudathlon looks like it's more fun than the warrior dash because they have twice as many obstacles in the same distance on the course. To me, the more obstacles on a course that's 5 miles or under, the better.

I'm doing it June 11th in PA. Can't wait!

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 9, 2011 -> 10:58 AM)
I'm doing it June 11th in PA. Can't wait!

:headbang: I hope you have fun!

I've been preparing myself by building up my endurance at the gym. I'm not a fast runner by any means,but I can run 4 miles on flat terrain in 1 hour without burning myself out. I've been slowly trying to build up my endurance by going a little faster each time. I think I might enter the Spartan Race in October, but it'll depend on how the Warrior Dash in June goes first. :-)

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ May 9, 2011 -> 10:07 PM)
:headbang: I hope you have fun!

I've been preparing myself by building up my endurance at the gym. I'm not a fast runner by any means,but I can run 4 miles on flat terrain in 1 hour without burning myself out. I've been slowly trying to build up my endurance by going a little faster each time. I think I might enter the Spartan Race in October, but it'll depend on how the Warrior Dash in June goes first. :-)

A friend of mine is doing the Spartan race in NYC this summer. I've been working on my cardio recently. I've gotten into decent shape recently but have not run that much of a distance yet. I know I can but am also aware I won't be at a great pace or anything like that. Should be fun though and the party afterwards should be a blast. We're trying to get someone to come down with us to take pictures since we kinda won't be able to haha.