WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!

LittleHurt05

yeah the sox won 6-0 or whatever the score was, but the first 4 innings the Sox looked like absolute s***, how many times did they have guys with RBI opportunities who completely s*** themselves?

not sold on this game being some preordained 'turned it around' game, win the next 8 and maybe i'll be a believer

6 runs on 17 hits = players pissing themselves in the clutch. white sox baseball.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 7, 2011 -> 09:13 PM)
Sox got all those hits. It really isn't that difficult.

Sad to say but we really need to win more than series. Only hope of being relevant again is to

win like 13 of 14, 12 of 14.

BS. Winning series is a great way to regain confidence and climb back into the race. You think CLE is going to keep up this pace? Even if they are for real and contend all season they are still going to have some rough stretches where they go 3-7 or 2-8...and they could have an entire month where they play bad, can you imagine that....you know, like April....and the white sox? Some of you guys have gotten so f***ing down on the season that you see no hope at all, you're ready for a firesale...IN MAY!! I'm as pissed off and disappointed and disgusted as anyone, but be glad it happened earlier than later and with any luck the suckiness that has been the season so far is behind us.

:gosoxretro:

QUOTE (Real @ May 8, 2011 -> 01:18 AM)
yeah the sox won 6-0 or whatever the score was, but the first 4 innings the Sox looked like absolute s***, how many times did they have guys with RBI opportunities who completely s*** themselves?

not sold on this game being some preordained 'turned it around' game, win the next 8 and maybe i'll be a believer

6 runs on 17 hits = players pissing themselves in the clutch. white sox baseball.

Its a vast improvement nonetheless.

QUOTE (Real @ May 8, 2011 -> 01:18 AM)

They were far from perfect tonight, and they have a long way to go...but 17 hits for a team that has needed 5 games or so to get to that number the last few weeks is a step in the right direction. They scored 6 runs. Gordon had 3 hits; Rios had 4; Morel had 3...those are three guys that need to produce if this team ever is going to make this season interesting again.

We have had all year to s*** on this team for losing/bad baseball. They weren't perfect tonight, but they pitched it; they fielded it; and they pounded out 17 hits. This was a good night. One of the few this season. Let's not spend the night s***ting on it becuase they missed some chances. It could be a step in the right direction. May not be, but I think we would all feel better if we would just enjoy it for a night.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ May 8, 2011 -> 07:14 AM)
That was FUN. After Pena struck out Cust to end the game AJ threw me the ball. First ball I've gotten at a game since Amos Otis threw me a batting practice ball back in the early '70s. :gosox1:

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 8, 2011 -> 07:19 AM)
BS. Winning series is a great way to regain confidence and climb back into the race. You think CLE is going to keep up this pace? Even if they are for real and contend all season they are still going to have some rough stretches where they go 3-7 or 2-8...and they could have an entire month where they play bad, can you imagine that....you know, like April....and the white sox? Some of you guys have gotten so f***ing down on the season that you see no hope at all, you're ready for a firesale...IN MAY!! I'm as pissed off and disappointed and disgusted as anyone, but be glad it happened earlier than later and with any luck the suckiness that has been the season so far is behind us.

:gosoxretro:

That is so f***ing cool he threw you the ball. musta heard you cheering. I like AJ again.

As far as post two, please. Don't get on those of us so "f***ing down on the season." My god, the White Sox did this to us. We are usually most supportive. I always stand up for the team. Not this year. I mean we won a game tonight. Big f***ing deal. We also looked like s*** doing it. At one point we had something like 14 hits and three runs. That's tough to do.

This team needs to win an astronomical amount of games just to be halfway in the race.

I'm talking 15 of 17, something like that.

We are 1-1 on the road trip. You think we are actually going to win a series on this trip.

Odds are not good.

That said, way to go Gavin and Pena.

And nice job Beckham and Morel, et. all.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 8, 2011 -> 12:57 AM)
That is so f***ing cool he threw you the ball. musta heard you cheering. I like AJ again.

As far as post two, please. Don't get on those of us so "f***ing down on the season." My god, the White Sox did this to us. We are usually most supportive. I always stand up for the team. Not this year. I mean we won a game tonight. Big f***ing deal. We also looked like s*** doing it.

I'll wager that I've been more down on them than you. But I'm not prepared to go "scorched earth" on the season and the organization based on one month of s***ty baseball. That's a big difference.

And yeah they didn't execute again with runners on and no outs, but give Fister some credit for pitching out of it. There's a reason his ERA was under 3 coming in.

And I agree, very cool on AJ's part.

Edited by The Ginger Kid

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 8, 2011 -> 02:57 AM)

As far as post two, please. Don't get on those of us so "f***ing down on the season." My god, the White Sox did this to us. We are usually most supportive. I always stand up for the team. Not this year. I mean we won a game tonight. Big f***ing deal. We also looked like s*** doing it. At one point we had something like 14 hits and three runs. That's tough to do.This team needs to win an astronomical amount of games just to be halfway in the race.

I'm talking 15 of 17, something like that.

We are 1-1 on the road trip. You think we are actually going to win a series on this trip.

Odds are not good.

That said, way to go Gavin and Pena.

And nice job Beckham and Morel, et. all.

I'm calling BS, I don't think you got the ball from AJ....and Greg I think you "like AJ again" about as much as I like your use of grammer. You guys take a win and smash it...f***ing enjoy it for a night, this season has been miserable as is and now I come here to see a White Sox Winner thread and it's full of bolded. Pathetic.

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ May 8, 2011 -> 10:59 AM)
I'm calling BS, I don't think you got the ball from AJ....and Greg I think you "like AJ again" about as much as I like your use of grammer. You guys take a win and smash it...f***ing enjoy it for a night, this season has been miserable as is and now I come here to see a White Sox Winner thread and it's full of bolded. Pathetic.

Why would he lie about getting a ball from AJ? lol.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 8, 2011 -> 11:31 AM)
I heard that Beckham wanted to sign it, but he couldn't keep his eye on the ball.

Dunn tried but kept missing the ball. Walker tried to help him, but it only made it worse.