Sox @ Seattle

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 8, 2011 -> 06:08 PM)
You're not mistaken. He was available. And the Sox brass deserves criticism. Yeah, I can't really say anything because of the 20/20 hindsight factor. But those idiots get paid for a reason.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2011 -> 06:08 PM)
Yes, Trout went a couple picks after Mitchell. The only response on this board was "man, the Angels sure do love OF's".

Thanks, guys. How can we miss on so many guys? I know they couldn't foresee Mitchell getting hurt, but it always seems like we pick the "busts"

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride56 @ May 8, 2011 -> 07:11 PM)
Thanks, guys. How can we miss on so many guys? I know they couldn't foresee Mitchell getting hurt, but it always seems like we pick the "busts"

Because getting a star after pick 20 is a roll of the dice even in a great draft?

QUOTE (SoxPride56 @ May 8, 2011 -> 06:11 PM)

Could've had Tanner Scheppers in '09 or Austin Wilson last year. But too cheap. Too busy handing out extensions to Mark Teahen and 3-4 year deals to relievers. And I don't care that other teams passed on them. This is the White Sox I'm talking about.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 8, 2011 -> 07:14 PM)
Could've had Tanner Scheppers in '09 or Austin Wilson last year. But too cheap. Too busy handing out extensions to Mark Teahen and 3-4 year deals to relievers. And I don't care that other teams passed on them. This is the White Sox I'm talking about.

How dare they not identify every player's future trajectory with perfection!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2011 -> 06:13 PM)
Because getting a star after pick 20 is a roll of the dice even in a great draft?

Good point. I am trying to learn more about the drafting and developing of our prospects. I didn't mean for it to sound like I was taking a shot at the Sox.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2011 -> 06:14 PM)
How dare they not identify every player's future trajectory with perfection!

They can't identify anything. This organization is clueless. Yeah, I know they're cheap. But you would think you could hit a HR on on first round pick in the last 10 years on accident. The talent has been there. We just suck. Simple as that.

QUOTE (SoxPride56 @ May 8, 2011 -> 06:16 PM)
Good point. I am trying to learn more about the drafting and developing of our prospects. I didn't mean for it to sound like I was taking a shot at the Sox.

Take shots. They deserve it. They have not come through in this department. Even marginally.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 8, 2011 -> 11:12 PM)
5 hits in the inning...thats a 9 inning game most days for us.

Amazing what can happen when you don't hit pop ups and lazy fly balls.

Would be nice to see the Sox get in a groove offensively the rest of the season. Line drives and hard hit ground balls that find holes to go with bombs.

They should have a team motto: "No More Pop Ups" instead of All-In.

Edited by greg775