5/8 Games

flavum

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 8, 2011 -> 05:30 PM)
What the f***? 5 Ks? lmao. Oh my god. This is franchise is toast. I've had enough. I'm unleashing my devastation like never before on our player development.

Relax guy. The draft is soon. We have a whole $2.5 million allotted this year with the absence of a first round pick.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 8, 2011 -> 06:36 PM)
When you miss one full year of action. (AFL be damned) Why he didn't start the year in Kanny I'm still baffled by.

If he's this overmatched at high A then he's fried. I understand he missed a year. But c'mon now. Jordan Danks is laughing at his K%.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ May 8, 2011 -> 06:41 PM)
Don't forget that Trayce Thompson had the golden sombrero at Kannapolis.

four Ks in four at bats.

Quite an outfield that Buddy Bell is cooking up.

The wind generated between Mitchell, Danks, Flowers and Thompson's wiffs could generate a natural disaster never seen before in the history of the planet.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 8, 2011 -> 06:41 PM)
If he's this overmatched at high A then he's fried. I understand he missed a year. But c'mon now. Jordan Danks is laughing at his K%.

Thing is, he's not even taking walks anymore or even working the count. I've haven't listened to a game stream in a while but he was constantly 0-2, 1-2 in counts. Just not the same player who had better pitch recognition (or even more patient) from two years ago.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (flavum @ May 8, 2011 -> 06:48 PM)
I'll give Thompson more of a pass. He's 19, and still learning.

The key for him is to improve as the season goes on.

Mitchell...I'm afraid this another football player bust.

No pass from me. These buffoons are cheap and inept. Not a good combination. Just think: Mike Trout, Tanner Scheppers and Austin Wilson were there to be had. But forget about that. Lets pay a 37-year old, PED user 4 million dollars for a month to suck.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 8, 2011 -> 06:56 PM)
No pass from me. These buffoons are cheap and inept. Not a good combination. Just think: Mike Trout, Tanner Scheppers and Austin Wilson were there to be had. But forget about that. Lets pay a 37-year old, PED user 4 million dollars for a month to suck.

Whats that got to do with Thompson? He was a tremendous pick at #61. Those guys went well ahead (except Wilson who scared teams off and wasn't picked till the 12th round) of where the sox picked. I'd argue the Phegley pick more as we could of had Scheppers. (who I wanted at the time, though I did like Phegley)

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 8, 2011 -> 07:02 PM)
Whats that got to do with Thompson? He was a tremendous pick at #61. Those guys went well ahead (except Wilson who scared teams off and wasn't picked till the 12th round) of where the sox picked. I'd argue the Phegley pick more as we could of had Scheppers. (who I wanted at the time, though I did like Phegley)

It's not even Thompson. It's just I have no faith in this franchise to develop anything. Which is kinda contradictory. Because then I would have to assume that Scheppers, Trout or Wilson wouldn't do s*** under our watch. But that's just more proof of how inadequate we are.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 8, 2011 -> 07:07 PM)
It's not even Thompson. It's just I have no faith in this franchise to develop anything. Which is kinda contradictory. Because then I would have to assume that Scheppers, Trout or Wilson wouldn't do s*** under our watch. But that's just more proof of how inadequate we are.

I would say the pitching has developed better with us than the hitting. Hell not even whose currently with the org. but whose gone and had success. (like my boy Gio)

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 8, 2011 -> 07:12 PM)
I would say the pitching has developed better with us than the hitting. Hell not even whose currently with the org. but whose gone and had success. (like my boy Gio)

Yeah. I didn't think the pitching side was good, but when I looked at the drafts they've done fine with pitching. It's hitting where the Sox haven't developed talent at all.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 8, 2011 -> 11:49 PM)
Steven Upchurch now has 24 K to 2 BB. That's a nice meatball.

What the hell are we doing with Upchurch? Is there a reason we're like switching him off between a starter and reliever right now? Freakin odd.

And sad to see what has happened to Mitchell. I was such a big f'n fan of his because of his plate discipline, athleticism combination but he's just dying out there right now.