Sox @ Los Angeles

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 8, 2011 -> 11:43 PM)
Ok, guys. We've won two games in a row. If we win tonight, its called a winning streak. IT HAS HAPPENED BEFORE.

Was waiting for this quote. Surprised it took someone so long.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 9, 2011 -> 10:26 PM)
I wish soneone would teach this team that when there is a runner on, the pitcher is going to keep the ball down to induce a double play. He may even throw it low and away. In either case rolling your hands over to hit a ground ball is not really ideal.

Perfect! We definitely seem to let the pitcher/scouting report work us over and show little plan at the plate to overcome the likely pitch selection.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 9, 2011 -> 05:17 PM)
Perfect! We definitely seem to let the pitcher/scouting report work us over and show little plan at the plate to overcome the likely pitch selection.

I just don't get why we have to swing hard at every pitch. Maybe our park just creates horrible habits? Whatever happened to taking what the pitcher gives you? I thought Beckham was going to be a genius at that.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ May 9, 2011 -> 08:46 PM)
I just don't get why we have to swing hard at every pitch. Maybe our park just creates horrible habits? Whatever happened to taking what the pitcher gives you? I thought Beckham was going to be a genius at that.

I don't think Adam Dunn has swung hard at a pitch in a month.

I wish soneone would teach this team that when there is a runner on, the pitcher is going to keep the ball down to induce a double play. He may even throw it low and away. In either case rolling your hands over to hit a ground ball is not really ideal.

Meh, Ozzie generally calls a steal or bunt which results in an out, either way. So pretty much - getting runners on base is meaningless except for home runs.

But even then - our manager likes to be sure...we must have all baserunners off the paths before... y'know...we hit one.

Ozzieball.

Edited by Andrew

This is the game of Alexi/Alexei/Alex....must be a first in major league history, three players with a variation of Alex as their name.

And, we're off to our usual first three innings struggle scoring runs.

At least Dunn walked and his OPS is finally over 600 now.

I guess one positive is we've taken down Soria and League, who was 9/9 in save opportunities before Sunday (yes, I know it was the dreaded tie-game appearance for a closer, but Sergio made it through the same two innings League was attempting).

Edited by caulfield12