Sox @ Los Angeles

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Real @ May 9, 2011 -> 10:47 PM)
relax, they're still 14-22 if they win tonight

keep things in perspective (and maybe you are, and if so, that's good), until this team gets to .500 and goes on a TEAR, their wins are more/less meaningless

flame away!

This might be the EASY part of our schedule this month.

We still have to play Texas, Cleveland, the Dodgers, then AT TEXAS, AT TORONTO and AT BOSTON. Don't think anyone needs to be reminded of of how poorly we've played at those last three venues in our recent history.

If we're .500 at the end of MAY, I think everyone in baseball will be amazed.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 10, 2011 -> 04:52 AM)
This might be the EASY part of our schedule this month.

We still have to play Texas, Cleveland, the Dodgers, then AT TEXAS, AT TORONTO and AT BOSTON. Don't think anyone needs to be reminded of of how poorly we've played at those last three venues in recent history.

If we're .500 at the end of MAY, I think everyone in baseball will be amazed.

I'm sick of looking ahead. I just want the guys to follow the boring cliche and play them one at a time and make my MLB subscription worthwhile like tonight.

Heckuva defensive play by Bourjos.

Alex, you got robbed. Nice to see some of our hitters going the opposite way the last 3-4 games.

Beckham with his 7th double. Most runs since we scored 9 against the Rays on April 21st. That seems like a LONG time ago.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 9, 2011 -> 09:53 PM)
I'm sick of looking ahead. I just want the guys to follow the boring cliche and play them one at a time and make my MLB subscription worthwhile like tonight.

if i could i would 'like' this post

QUOTE (Real @ May 9, 2011 -> 10:52 PM)
we'll find out about 8 or so games from now, because if they have they'll be right around .500

We better bring our bats against the Rangers and Indians if the weather heats up at USCF.

So now Gray and Pena get to audition for them to decide who stays on the big league roster?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 9, 2011 -> 10:58 PM)
We better bring our bats against the Rangers and Indians if the weather heats up at USCF.

So now Gray and Pena get to audition for them to decide who stays on the big league roster?

Pena better be the guy or I'll have more ammunition to fire at this organization in my claims that they don't know what the F*CK they're doing

What are we gonna do about the rotation if Peavy is good?

Who's Peavy?

*Edit - And there's the normal Juan again.... to make me look stupid.

God, I hate him.

Edited by Andrew

QUOTE (Knackattack @ May 9, 2011 -> 11:00 PM)

The real question: What are we gonna do about the rotation if Peavy stays healthy? Sadly, he will re-injury himself at some point soon and we won't have that worry.

QUOTE (Real @ May 9, 2011 -> 11:01 PM)
Pena better be the guy or I'll have more ammunition to fire at this organization in my claims that they don't know what the F*CK they're doing

Brandon Allen isn't going to cause me to lose any sleep. I don't mind that type of move - trading for a young, team controlled reliever who has put up solid numbers previously. It just so happens that Tony Pena got by on smoke and mirrors his first year or two with Arizona, because he is gigantic fail.

For the team's sake, I hope they cut their losses with Pena. The last guy in the pen is going to pitch garbage innings and there's a very, very slight chance that you can get some sort of young player for him - even if it's a 24 year old one-armed reliever in low-A. You seriously can't get that for Jeff Gray.

Oh, and from a completely untrained eye, I think Gray is better than Pena.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (Knackattack @ May 9, 2011 -> 11:00 PM)

I think they have held up their end. Still have to worry about the pen, defense, inconsistent hitting.