Sox @ Los Angeles

That looks more like the Alexei Ramirez from last year. Nice play, made it look relatively routine.

I'm just wondering now how many runs our bullpen will give up? Don't want to give any momentum to the Angels.

Sale warming.

Angels had only given up 3 homers TOTAL in the previous 7 home games at the BIG A.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is unpopular because i love the job Humber (sp?) has done, but he's going to have to go to the bullpen until Peavy gets hurt again.

If Humber can kick ass in that middle relief role that can only help the team. We still need relievers with some of the guys horses***.

This is unpopular because i love the job Humber (sp?) has done, but he's going to have to go to the bullpen until Peavy gets hurt again.

If Humber can kick ass in that middle relief role that can only help the team. We still need relievers with some of the guys horses***.

Unfortunately, that's probably exactly what the Sox will do.

P.S. - Juan still sux.

QUOTE (Andrew @ May 10, 2011 -> 05:09 AM)
Unfortunately, that's probably exactly what the Sox will do.

P.S. - Juan still sux.

There's really nothing else they can do, tho, unless they make Edwin the closer or trade Mark.

Royals fans will tell you that Humber is ready to start sucking soon anyway.

Why would we make Jackson the closer when the job is clearly Sergio's?

Makes zero sense, especially from a future trade possibility standpoint.

I think they'll just have to take it series to series with Peavy. I bet the Las Vegas odds don't favor him making 25+ starts for the Sox this year.

LOL at Angels' announcers. Chris Sale reminds them of a LH Mike MacDougal. Please, don't jinx him with that comparison.

Where/how did Sale lose 3-5 MPH on his fastball?

Edited by caulfield12

Why would we make Jackson the closer when the job is clearly Sergio's?

Makes zero sense, especially from a future trade possibility standpoint.

I think they'll just have to take it series to series with Peavy. I bet the Las Vegas odds don't favor him making 25+ starts for the Sox this year.

None of that made sense... Why would you change anything?

Peavy... Let HIM middle relief/long man...

In conclusion - Screw Peavy in '11 until he proves. So far, all we do is pay him to get operations anyway (and talk....big).

QUOTE (Andrew @ May 9, 2011 -> 11:16 PM)
None of that made sense... Why would you change anything?

Peavy... Let HIM middle relief/long man...

In conclusion - Screw Peavy in '11 until he proves. So far, all we do is pay him to get operations anyway (and talk....big).

I wouldn't, I was replying to GREG.

There's no point in putting Peavy in the bullpen. The only way we get any value (or potential trade/dump) from Peavy is as a starter. Period.

He's not used to the rhythm of working as a reliever. It would be silly to start doing that now coming off a major injury.

So far, all we do is pay insurance premiums to pay ourselves back for all the time he's missed.

Edited by caulfield12

If you say so.

There's 4 (3'ish) above us so they may (very likely) be .500 and we get almost nowhere as well.

It's a big f***ing hole. I don't think alot of people realize it.

Edited by Andrew

Andrew, I think everyone realizes it.

That's why everyone has been so despondent and apathetic so far this season, along with our atrocious minor league system that offers no quick remedies, with the possible exception of Viciedo.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ May 9, 2011 -> 11:10 PM)
Would it be premature to say this is the 3rd win in a row.

When your manager is the clueless Guillen, absolutely.

He just can't himself with this needless parade of pitchers.

Edited by mcgrad70

Good.

Why do we have late and 9th inning situations where pitchers go 3-0/3/-1 over and over.... Terrible.

I'll chill out.

Edited by Andrew

If they do that at LA, at Oak, TEX, CLE, LAD (NL), at Texas, at Toronto and at Boston, they'll be back in the conversation as the best team in baseball.

I see you started doing some math.....

:)

Edited by Andrew

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 10, 2011 -> 04:25 AM)
Andrew, I think everyone realizes it.

That's why everyone has been so despondent and apathetic so far this season, along with our atrocious minor league system that offers no quick remedies, with the possible exception of Viciedo.

That's why it's babysteps. We have no alternative if we want to keep following the team than to hope for baby steps. Most of us are dying for the team to inch back and be relevant at some point.