If the Sox got sold - and moved out of state

knightni

Would you still follow them?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Carolina Blue Sox...?

• I would still watch their games on TV.
    • Screw them. I'm done with baseball.
    • Screw them. I'll be a Brewers or Cards fan.
    • Screw them I'll fan another non-area team.
    • Uh... How 'bout them Cubbies...?
    • AAAAAA! I don't want to think about it!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way I'd follow them.

s***, they wouldn't be the Chicago White Sox so f*** them.

I mean why would I care if they were in Carolina or somewhere?

It's not like these players are lovable or something. The fact they play in Chicago means everything since I grew up on the south side and followed them all this time.

Once they move, they can lose every game for all I care.

I guess I'd be lucky in that I still could watch MLB ball with the Royals.

No way would I follow the Sox if they left. It just wanted be the same team I had grown up rooting for. I'd still be a general baseball fan cause I enjoy the sport so much though.

Being in Chicago, I'd still be able to attend MLB games regularly on the North Side, so I guess my main rooting interest would change to the Cards/Brewers/Reds/Astros/Pirates. The wife and her family are huge Cubs fans, but no way can I change and root for them.

That would have a lot to do with if they were still called the White Sox. I was a Baltimore Colts fan and remained a Colts fan when they moved to Indy. I tend to associate teams with their names and logs than what city they play in.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ May 10, 2011 -> 07:17 PM)
That would have a lot to do with if they were still called the White Sox. I was a Baltimore Colts fan and remained a Colts fan when they moved to Indy. I tend to associate teams with their names and logos than what city they play in.

Truth. If they got OKC Thunder'd it would probably play out differently, but roster continuity would prolong my interest in that scenario.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

If they kept the same guys, it'd be hard for me not too.

If they stayed the White Sox, just in a different state, I'd still root for them.

If they changed the logo, name, and players, I'd just pick a team and it'd still probably be them, at least until a new incarnation of the White Sox returned to Chicago.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 10, 2011 -> 07:52 PM)
Not sure, it would really depend on the circumstances. And I would hope Chicago would get a new team to replace them.

It would probably be better if they played in the suburbs still going as a "Chicago" team.

I lived for 5 years out of state and still followed them everyday, I would probably still consider them my favorite team. I would probably be pissed off at them for awhile though, because if they blamed it on the fans not showing up I would be mad that they didn't hold themselves accountable for the terrible years and some of the teams that they put out there.

I would definitely stop rooting for them. I'd follow baseball for a while still and casually watch other games as I do now, but I'd have no immediate team to replace them. I assume that my love of baseball as a whole would probably just fade away over the years, but I might start to take interest in another team over a long period of casual watching.

The logical part of me says that it'd make sense to become a Cubs fan since they would have stayed loyal to the city, but I know I'd never be able to do that. I honestly hate them.

As much as I love the sport of baseball, I'd more than likely just end up not caring about it anymore after a while.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ May 10, 2011 -> 08:11 PM)
I'd watch them, just like if I would if I moved to a different city. I would expand on my Phillies fandom, probably look into the Brewers, and what choice would I have other than to watch more Cubs baseball? You can't ever replace the team you grew up with though.

You moving is WAY different. That's just not the same. Everyone here would follow the Sox somehow even if he or she moved. It's not the same comparison, it would be way different if the team moved out of the city, as they aren't really your team anymore. The connection would be gone.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 10, 2011 -> 10:45 PM)
I'd cry and probably never watch baseball again.

Yes to 1 and Bulls*** to 2.