Gray or Pena?

southsider2k5

Who goes when Peavy returns?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who needs to be sent out when Jake Peavy returns?

• Send Jeff Gray to Charlotte
    • DFA Tony Pena
    • Other-Please list

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 11, 2011 -> 09:36 AM)
Viciedo becomes the starter in LF and Ramirez/Beckham/Teahen/Vizquel all lead off until one keeps the position, I'd imagine.

Not unlike 2008/2009.

Do it. I've had enough of JP to last a lifetime. He's dead last in WAR among all every day left fielders. Throw in the caught stealings/pickoffs and there's nowhere to go but up.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 11, 2011 -> 10:36 AM)
Viciedo becomes the starter in LF and Ramirez/Beckham/Teahen/Vizquel all lead off until one keeps the position, I'd imagine.

Not unlike 2008/2009.

Which still means that you need to drop one of the pitchers, since you'd be adding both Vicideo and Peavy.

QUOTE (since56 @ May 11, 2011 -> 02:29 PM)
Can't get rid of both?

Gray has been effective. I would not DFA Pena, but trade him if possibe. However, we now know Gray was sent down

Edited by elrockinMT

If gray is out of thir organization and pena is still around, I give up. Pena is utterly worthless.

In all actuality neither really has an impact on the club as this team does not come back from being down runs in a game so their job is really worthless see last night's game for example.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 11, 2011 -> 02:18 PM)
If gray is out of thir organization and pena is still around, I give up. Pena is utterly worthless.

In all actuality neither really has an impact on the club as this team does not come back from being down runs in a game so their job is really worthless see last night's game for example.

This is what will make you give up?? Jeff Gray isn't worth giving up anything for, much less your interest in the team.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 11, 2011 -> 02:24 PM)
This is what will make you give up?? Jeff Gray isn't worth giving up anything for, much less your interest in the team.

I meant giving up on actually thinking this team's plans are well thought out.

I gave up on them when they went 1-5 on the last homestand and made no adjustments.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 11, 2011 -> 03:31 PM)
I meant giving up on actually thinking this team's plans are well thought out.

I gave up on them when they went 1-5 on the last homestand and made no adjustments.

We have the exact opposite of accountability. You play terribly, your job is safe. You play well, well...we might just drop you for a laugh. If you coach a team to mediocrity for years, you get signed to an extension and your option year is picked up so that you don't complain to the press about it.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 11, 2011 -> 04:46 PM)
We have the exact opposite of accountability. You play terribly, your job is safe. You play well, well...we might just drop you for a laugh. If you coach a team to mediocrity for years, you get signed to an extension and your option year is picked up so that you don't complain to the press about it.

And if you're a terrible former Royal that cannot field for s***, we will extend you over your market value.