The Triumphant Return of Jake Peavy @ Angels

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We can be ooking at a winner or a bust. How do you know for sure till it's done? So many times these guys return from injury and the adrenalinde is flowing and they pitch good. After that they are a bust. We haven't seen Peavy heathy since he got here so I just don't know what to look forward too

Hard to get excited for a 14-23 team that's 10 games back. But I'm looking forward to this one. I forgot what Jake Peavy looked like until Steve flashed those pics. Like I said, just get through this one feeling good. I'm not even worried about results right now. Though a no-hitter will suffice.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 11, 2011 -> 11:24 AM)
I predict 14 shattered bats and 5 Angels will soil their pants while in the batter's box.

15 shattered bats, one shattered face, and the Angels forfeit after 5.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 11, 2011 -> 11:28 AM)
Hard to get excited for a 14-23 team that's 10 games back. But I'm looking forward to this one. I forgot what Jake Peavy looked like until Steve flashed those pics. Like I said, just get through this one feeling good. I'm not even worried about results right now. Though a no-hitter will suffice.

Jake is a good reason for me to tune in tonight. I can't decide whether I want to start him in fantasy, but I think I'll hold off.

QUOTE (knightni @ May 11, 2011 -> 04:05 PM)
I swear...

If Peavy throws a pitch tonight and his head pops off, I'm done with him.

"Winfield goes back to the wall. He hits his head on the wall, and it rolls off! It's rolling all the way back to second base! This is a terrible thing for the Padres!"