The Triumphant Return of Jake Peavy @ Angels

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They should bunt every single ball down the 3B line until Teahen gets in playing shape...probably sometime in July/August.

Great defense, as usual. It's like every above average MLB play has an automatic double or triple against everyone but Buehrle and Danks once they reach 1B.

Edited by caulfield12

think the angels advanced scouting told the angels teahen sucks at third and take advantage of him

do sox hitters ever take advantage of a situation

wow that is how you generate a run

embarassing

maybe omar and joey need to work on ramairez

the sox are a giving team

Rosenthal was STILL predicting tonight at the Yankees/Royals game in NYC that Cleveland, DET and the White Sox would fight it out for first.

That's becoming more and more of a remote possibility. I'm not even concerned with what the Indians are doing anymore.

You would never understand that the White Sox are 8 for 25 and Angels are 7 for 25 and yet they're kicking our butts by looking at the box score. Unless you figure in the fact that with the possible exception of Michael Cuddyer, we're clearly the worst hitting team with RISP (except for the Twins and maybe Mariners) since the first 10 games of 2011.

At least the Twins can point to Morneau's not being 100%, Mauer out, Young out, Nishioka out...they have some excuses. Our line-up has been basically healthy the entire year. That's what is most infuriating.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 12, 2011 -> 04:52 AM)
Rosenthal was STILL predicting tonight at the Yankees/Royals game in NYC that Cleveland, DET and the White Sox would fight it out for first.

That's becoming more and more of a remote possibility. I'm not even concerned with what the Indians are doing anymore.

Detroit's going to win the AL Central. Best all around talent in the division.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 11, 2011 -> 10:52 PM)
So we don't instruct our players in the minors on fundamentals. Camp Cora must be how to wear your mitt on your head. And spring training must be a big party.

Cora's next clue will be his first.

:lol:

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 11, 2011 -> 10:52 PM)

Cannot lose 2 of 3 every series and expect to compete.

Cannot lose 2 of 3 every series and expect to compete.

How about winning 1 of 9 home games....

That's like - 10%.

8 WINS at home for the season at that pace.

Out of 162 f***ing games.

Suck.

Edited by Andrew

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 11, 2011 -> 09:57 PM)
I wonder how bmac can contain his excitement to face our offense in Oakland. I mean facing our offense must excite opposing pitchers.

Gio got blasted last night, but it would have been nice if we're just going to simply sink into an abyss to see KW getting asked questions by all the baseball writers like Rogers about Gio, Sweeney and McCarthy. Maybe that would make him angry, but at this point, I highly doubt it. Seems he's mellowed too much in the last 2-3 seasons, especially after all the strife and controversy last season.

There was even quite a bit of talk recently they would give Gio a guaranteed 3-4 contract to buy out his first year of free agency.

Nothing like a 7-20 stretch to create excitement.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 12, 2011 -> 04:00 AM)
Nothing like a 7-20 stretch to create excitement.

Until LF and 3B gets figured out, I'm comfortable in saying we're not a good team. You can survive with a crappy hitting catcher, but having pathetic offensive players at LF and 3B in the AL is just a waste of outs.