The Triumphant Return of Jake Peavy @ Angels

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2011 -> 07:29 PM)
Nice play by Alexei. Peavy's velocity is better than expected, but his slider has nothing on it.

Thats odd, given that the Angels announcers have been commenting how sharp it looks. I've seen it between 81 and 87 on the clock. He rolled one or two but he's also snapped off a couple nasty ones.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 12, 2011 -> 03:54 AM)
Thats odd, given that the Angels announcers have been commenting how sharp it looks. I've seen it between 81 and 87 on the clock. He rolled one or two but he's also snapped off a couple nasty ones.

He hasn't got a swing and miss on the slider. It wasn't just me who thought so, but who knows if it's been a cutter instead.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 11, 2011 -> 09:54 PM)

Why aren't you at this game, Gage?

Fathom, I should add, your comments were in the first inning. Its looked a bit better, but he has definitely hung his fair share. Velocity is nice though.

And to answer you, Chatwood has a nasty yacker and a good sinking fastball and was the Angels top pitching prospect. Guy has a great arm.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 12, 2011 -> 03:58 AM)
Fathom, I should add, your comments were in the first inning. Its looked a bit better, but he has definitely hung his fair share. Velocity is nice though.

I was half expecting Peavy throwing 80 mph and relying on a Moyer-like change-up. Considering some of us thought he was done with about 3 weeks ago, this is more than I could have ever expected.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 11, 2011 -> 09:58 PM)

And to answer you, Chatwood has a nasty yacker and a good sinking fastball and was the Angels top pitching prospect. Guy has a great arm.

He doesn't have command tonight. They should get to him.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 12, 2011 -> 03:59 AM)
By the way, Dunn has extra base hits in each of his past 3 games. Did great on Monday, doubled yesterday, and hit a bomb today after having a solid single in his first AB.

Both of the Chicago big free agent acquisitions went from the worst hitters on the team to the most dangerous hitters in a week.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 11, 2011 -> 07:59 PM)
I was half expecting Peavy throwing 80 mph and relying on a Moyer-like change-up. Considering some of us thought he was done with about 3 weeks ago, this is more than I could have ever expected.

Angels announcers said that there advanced scouts had him as high as 94-95 in his last rehab start. Not sure the truth there, but his velocity looks fine. In fact, as I see him pitch, I think if his arm doesn't fall off, he'll be back to being an ace for us and could pan out.

I'm an optimist but It looks like his stuff is there.

Until the White Sox decide to get hitters that learn to adjust to he count and what the pitcher is throwing they will remain a team that does not strike out but continue to weakly put he ball in play on good pitchers pitches.

If you have a 2-0 count you do not need to swing at knee high pitch on the black.

Pierre really sucks.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 12, 2011 -> 04:02 AM)
How the hell does that turn into a triple. Bourjos is so f***ing fast. And Pierre has my arm.

Juan Pierre can't get an extra base hit, but he sure contributes to them on defense. Unreal how bad he is this season.