The Humber v B-Mac Spectacular

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the scheme of things, 88mph compared to 95mph doesn't make much of a difference. He's always been slow to the plate, so his struggles/lack of confidence had nothing to do with that play. If anything, trying to steal home with 2 outs is a sign of respect from opposition.

Shut up.

Simple.

Crisp thought he could make it because Thornton was going out of the wind-up. It did take a great play by AJ to notice him and jump out in front of the plate proactively.

That was a gift. The way Thornton's gone, you had the feeling Jackson was going to tie it and send the game to extra innings. Then we'd probably have been using Chris Sale, which wouldn't have been likely to work out, either.

QUOTE (Andrew @ May 14, 2011 -> 05:22 AM)
That was completely bulls***. Coco tried to steal Home (not a squeeze; but flat out steal)...."Out of respect".

Yeah, right.

I don't think the A's respect Thornton, but if you're trying to "steal" a run with 2 outs, it's usually cause you're not confident you can get a hit off that pitcher.

Whoa - What am I getting warnings for?

Telling Balta to save the non-sense????

Nobody would've tried that on anyone else in our pen. Certainly not Santos or Crain, which even Ozzie has the common sense to NOT use Thornton when we need wins. At least lately.

Edited by Andrew

QUOTE (Andrew @ May 14, 2011 -> 12:26 AM)
Whoa - What am I getting warnings for?

Telling Balta to save the non-sense????

Nobody would've tried that on anyone else in our pen. Certainly not Santos or Crain, which even Ozzie has the common sense to NOT use when we need wins. At least lately.

The detailed " shut up" reply ?

People disagree with you. Shut up is not an appropriate response to disagrement

I don't think the A's respect Thornton, but if you're trying to "steal" a run with 2 outs, it's usually cause you're not confident you can get a hit off that pitcher.

I can't even believe you wrote this....

WHO would not believe they don't have a chance against Thornton??????