The Humber v B-Mac Spectacular

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Andrew @ May 13, 2011 -> 10:28 PM)
I can't even believe you wrote this....

WHO would not believe they don't have a chance against Thornton??????

That is exactly why it was so stupid of him running.

Yet I agree with fathom you dont steal home unless you know you can't hit the guy.

QUOTE (Andrew @ May 14, 2011 -> 04:19 AM)
This team is so f***ing pathetic.

Where did that come from?

I actually watched the entire game AFTER we got the 4-0 lead. I didn't see how we actually scored runs.

white I wasn't happy with our anemic offense in the innings I watched, I never sense tonight we were pathetic.

Decent enough pitching by Humber. OK defense and great play by AJP on the steal of home.

QUOTE (Andrew @ May 14, 2011 -> 05:26 AM)
Whoa - What am I getting warnings for?

Are you pregnant? Because if you are Andrew - you may be getting warnings because people want to ensure a successful delivery. The warnings are probably just in your best interest. No worries.

Be happy and have another drink.

Edited by hi8is

Where did that come from?

I actually watched the entire game AFTER we got the 4-0 lead. I didn't see how we actually scored runs.

white I wasn't happy with our anemic offense in the innings I watched, I never sense tonight we were pathetic.

Decent enough pitching by Humber. OK defense and great play by AJP on the steal of home.

So you didn't see the scoring, but you witnessed the failing to score. Is that right, Greg?

I'm not harping on anybody but Ozzie. He doesn't pitch. He does put people in to pitch, however, that jeopardize wins.

But you have to...y'know....WATCH. to see how that transpires.

Whatever - do/think what you want, I don't care. Some people watch the whole thing.

QUOTE (Andrew @ May 14, 2011 -> 04:47 AM)
So you didn't see the scoring, but you witnessed the failing to score. Is that right, Greg?

I'm not harping on anybody but Ozzie. He doesn't pitch. He does put people in to pitch, however, that jeopardize wins.

Whatever - do/think what you want, I don't care. Some people watch the whole thing.

No at this moment I still don't know how we scored. Hawk and Wimpy I don't think ever went over our scoring in the later innings.

How can you possibly be mad at the people Oz used on the mound tonight. He may suck on occasion but what was wrong with tonight's managing?

He used Crain, Thornton and Sergio pretty well I thought. Seriously what was so bad? Maybe you wanted Crain in longer? One could argue and say Oz played that correct.

QUOTE (Andrew @ May 13, 2011 -> 11:47 PM)

McCarthy hadn't given up an earned run at home this year, he gave up 3 tonight. The A's have an anemic offense, Sox did what they needed to do to win in a tough place. They've been playing WORLDS better the last week, at no point would I call scoring on a pitcher who is tough in his own ball park, a starter giving up 3 ERs on basically singles and a BP going 3 without giving up anything pathetic.

McCarthy hadn't given up an earned run at home this year, he gave up 3 tonight. The A's have an anemic offense, Sox did what they needed to do to win in a tough place. They've been playing WORLDS better the last week, at no point would I call scoring on a pitcher who is tough in his own ball park, a starter giving up 3 ERs on basically singles and a BP going 3 without giving up anything pathetic.

Yeah...McCarthy is great in Oakland. Who isn't.

Sox did what they need to do? What was that? Oh, I know, score all their runs ($120M HITTING) within the first 2 innings and try to hold on.

Yes, they've been playing better. I'm not even sure what you are talking about with your next point.

QUOTE (Andrew @ May 14, 2011 -> 12:28 AM)
Yeah...McCarthy is great in Oakland. Who isn't.

Sox did what they need to do? What was that? Oh, I know, score all their runs ($120M HITTING) within the first 2 innings and try to hold on.

Yes, they've been playing better. I'm not even sure what you are talking about with your next point.

right, most pitchers pitch well in Oakland, and the Sox scored four runs and the A's scored 3, win for the Sox. My last point was just saying the Sox didn't look pathetic tonight to me. Oakland is a tough place to win, the Sox did it... and I didn't know the runs count for less if you only score them in 2 innings.

right, most pitchers pitch well in Oakland, and the Sox scored four runs and the A's scored 3, win for the Sox. My last point was just saying the Sox didn't look pathetic tonight to me. Oakland is a tough place to win, the Sox did it... and I didn't know the runs count for less if you only score them in 2 innings.

A win is a win. I also never said anything about runs "counting less".

This team struggles. Who knows the reasons.

But if you think the opponent's pull bold moves on late inning pitching because of "respect", you're out of your mind, especially considering this teams' late innings record (i.e. - Thornton).